Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I considered starting Masters with OU about 3 years ago but didn't get around to it cost was a bit of an issue.
    When I did the GPP route to EYPS this year, my tutor said she was going to offer the Masters for the first time in September. It's distance learning with 5 study weekends, first year is 60 points and will be a post graduate certificate, year 2 EYPS can be used to APEL across for 60 points then following year is dissertation and Masters

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
    year 2 EYPS can be used to APEL across for 60 points
    sorry I'm probably being really daft here but what does that mean?

Great news that you are getting the opportunity to do your Masters! I think I will continue to get post-grad credits until I get the PG certificate and then stop there! My uni seem to be having difficulty actually enrolling me and keeping me informed of whats going on so I'll have to wait and see!

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning
    Therefore previous learning doesn't have to be repeated and it takes less time to complete a course of study and of course saves money

Bluelion, how long will it take you to get PG certificate? Do you have to attend Uni weekly?

4. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Wondering if anyone can help I'm having trouble with a few of the standards so far it's 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8 just kidding ! Oh heck what have I done, sometimes I'm buzzing on high and other times feeling a bit sick about it all just wanted to share x

6. Likes Sally69, The Juggler liked this post
    Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm self-studying an extended essay to get 30 credits at post-graduate level - this I was allowed to do as part of my EYP but I have to pay for marking. I have 6 months to do this although have been told this can be quite flexible. I have about 2 hours of appointment time / guidance from a tutor but its all self-study.

If I then go on to do the other 30 credits to get the post-graduate certificate I am assuming it will be similar?

I'm getting frustrated at the moment though because no-one is getting back to me to tell me if I'm actually registered! AT first I was told I had to be registered before my assessment in June to be eligible for getting it funded and then i was told this wasn't the case but I still haven't heard anything despite e-mailing them yet again a week or so ago!!

Need to phone them and speak to someone really but i always end up getting passed round the houses and then made to feel unreasonable for chasing it.

I've just e-mailed the tutor again - think she probably doesn't reply to me just forwards on to whoever is supposed to be dealing with it!!
    Last edited by Bluebell; 25-09-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

smiley - its all changed - I've just had it confirmed that this is what I'm doing and have until June to complete a 10,000 word extended essay and this will give me the 60 credits to get a post-graduate certificate. I then go on to complete further credits until I get my MA - eek!! Quite scared. Will be focusing on outdoor play and provision and the value of play.
    Just hoping there are enough hours in the day to complete.I Did a 2500 word essay and it took me a few good months of hard work and shutting myself away at weekends to complete it so know I really need to crack on with the reading and researching in the library!!

Feb 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Helly Belly View Post
    Wondering if anyone can help I'm having trouble with a few of the standards so far it's 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 & 8 just kidding ! Oh heck what have I done, sometimes I'm buzzing on high and other times feeling a bit sick about it all just wanted to share x

I know exactly what you mean! I've just started too and am in major panic mode atm, with a touch of what have I done, I must be mad! I look at some of the standards and just don't know how I will prove I meet them. We have also just found out that we have to do placements in reception including writing lesson plans and leading the lesson. That really is panicking me! Mind you I will have to find a good/outstanding school that is willing to let me do that and write a witness statement first.

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

me too, just been looking online to see if I can find any guidance about how to relate my childminding practice to the standards. think we need a new thread......

Quote Originally Posted by Sally69 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean! I've just started too and am in major panic mode atm, with a touch of what have I done, I must be mad! I look at some of the standards and just don't know how I will prove I meet them. We have also just found out that we have to do placements in reception including writing lesson plans and leading the lesson. That really is panicking me! Mind you I will have to find a good/outstanding school that is willing to let me do that and write a witness statement first.

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LouiseCor View Post
    me too, just been looking online to see if I can find any guidance about how to relate my childminding practice to the standards. think we need a new thread......
    Agree that would be a good idea, I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed. At the moment my biggest problem is showing leadership!

Sam x

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stapleton83 View Post
    Agree that would be a good idea, I am starting to feel a little overwhelmed. At the moment my biggest problem is showing leadership!

Sam x
    I feel the same, I feel my evidence is wooly at the best!!!
    Mum of three, 6,5 and 4. Now minding a few more too!

Non childminder member
    just an information
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I'm doing the EYITT through ELC too but I'm on the UPP route as need to top up my foundation degree at the same time. The only bit I am worried about is providing evidence of leadership as I dont have any assistants and tend to sit back in our childminding group get togethers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12