So is anyone using the funding to cover absences? If so how are you doing it - who are you using to replace you!?
My uni sent me a letter on Saturday telling me I need to attend 2 days a week earlier than the start date and 1 on a Wednesday which is not even the day I am supposed to be in on (it supposed to be Thursdays from the 27th September)
I'm really cross and fruastrated - it was a nightmare cancelling childcare on a Thursday I've let parents down and had to rearrange their childcare, some have had to go elsewhere. I also lost a lady that wanted 3 days as I was unable to do the Thursday. Now they tell me that next week I need to be in for 2 days!! What a nightmare. I told them I could attend the Thursday (as the parent that is still left on that day agreed to finish a week earlier) but can't on the Wednesday. They e-mailed back and said I needed to attend and to use my grant for cover!!
I originally looked into this at the time and just couldn't see who or how I could get someone to cover me!
Completely unrealistic.
Anyway I then queried why I hadn't recevied my admissions pack as mentioned in the letter and they said they haven't got my completed application as they are waiting for my qualification certificates. AS I hand delivered these in July and they photocopied them themselves I'm really peed off!
Still waiting on 1 parent to ok me being off next Wednesday as she had to check with work to have the day off. Can't believe my parents have been so supportive - Am I being unreasonable to think the uni has been unfair? I specifically phoned as soon as I got my offer letter to ensure I could know when I was required to go in!!
I am really annoyed that to get a qualification to make me seem more professional I have let parents down left right and centre which must make me seem completely unprofessional!!
Oh and I am yet to sort out childcare for my own children who will need dropping to school and picking up - my youngest is in reception so finishes at 12 -aggghhhh!! (bangs head against wall crying)