Ok so I have had a brief look through the new requirements.

Here are my first comments / things that immediately spring into my tired and slightly addled brain -

No requirement to ask for permission to seek emergency medical advice or treatment for a child

No requirement to register as a food business or use SFBB for childminders

No requirement to ask about legal contact details (the parental responsibility one is still there)

No note that while P & Ps are not required to be in writing (with the usual disclaimers of course) you MUST have certain ones for the Childcare Register anyway!!

How long is a ‘reasonable period of time’ for keeping documents after a child has left then? Answers on a postcard to – why have you thrown that away @ a childminder’s house near you

No length of time for keeping complaints records... and no requirement for a complaints policy

Nothing to be displayed except registration certificate – what about Ofsted complaints poster and emergency evacuation plan then?

New requirement to use Working together to safeguard children

New requirement to use Health and Safety at Work Act

New requirement to know about Data Protection Act and Freedom of information Act – but no requirement to register with ICO

New requirement to use Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act 2006

Strange statement about English as an Additional Language with nothing to say we should consider parents wishes – so how does that strengthen relationships exactly if parents say teach English and we say sorry we can’t just do that what’s the word for ‘potty’?!?

Any more daft things spotted guys? I'm not seeing anything yet that says it will lessen paperwork or make things easier.

What about you?