Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: BIG PROBLEM Child Ratios p.51 - Ofsted now say

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    I have had OFSTED confirm verbally that she a child is classed as 5 for ratio purposes when they attend full time school and once they attend full time school this applies even when they are in holiday time even if not physically reached 5, eg i have a 4 year old starting full time school in september but he is not actually 5 until March but for the October, christmas and feb holidays he still counts as an over 5.

However as he is not physically 5 until March he remains covered by EYFS until the 1st September after his 5 birthdays, so although an over 5 in my ofsted rations he will still be in EYFS till he is 5 1/2 years approx, although the bulk of the responsibility for reporting on this will fall to the school I have a duty to work with/liaise with them to ensure that all areas are covered and planned for for the child.

HTH
    Yes this is correct....you have explained it well

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread scared me!!!!!!!! Arrgghhh!!!!

it's old!!!!!!

And I thought all this had started up again!! PHEW!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i had never heard anything about this and nearly keeled over from shock
    thanks for telling me its all fine and the reception kids are classed as over 5's

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by justgoodfriends View Post
    I suppose if they wanted to be petty they could argue we've had the packs for over a year
    Yes they could - but - last year they sent e-mails to people on here confirming that it is as it always was and once children attend school then they were classed as rising 5's all the time but we had to do EYFS with them until the end of reception. - That is fine by me - cause there is not much you can do with a 4 year old in an hour or so after school buy the time you get home and have snack then the child may need to chill out and then its almost time to go home - for obs just record their preferences and if they said or did anything remarkable - its late in the day for them and its their time to do what they want - within reason ie free play.

The only advantage I have this year is that even if the one reception aged child I have does come in the hols then I still won't go over because I still am not full until Sept - and next year the child I may have starting in sept who will be going into reception will probably not attend in the hols - I have her8 year old sister and she doesn't come in the hols so I presume that the same will follow for the younger one although they do want me to have them more days now that the younger one is starting school.

I think they have a blasted cheek messing everyone around like his its not fair - we are jumping through every hoop they present us with and we all have purchased lots of extra stuff etc etc but they do not give us a penny in grants that they have given to nurseries and preschools so its just not one bit fair. Will after school clubs suffer and have to take on extra staff and do EYFS stuff with the kiddies when they are there in the hols - I bet not!!! - Wey Hey its just the poor old childminders again.
    Celest

Oct 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    This thread scared me!!!!!!!! Arrgghhh!!!!

it's old!!!!!!

And I thought all this had started up again!! PHEW!!!!
    yes i got a shock as well, until i realised

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Wasn't it also the case that they are classed as under 5 until the September following their 5th birthday? So a child say who is 5 end of Sept 2008 would still be classed in holidays etc as under 5 untill 1st September 2009. Think the whole thing is mad!
    No they are classed as a rising 5 for ratio's and on the EY Register until the 31st August after their 5th birthday and you need to ask for a variation for your certificate to reflect this.
    Debbie

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

surely if this is still under consultation, then we can continue until they officially tell us otherwise!?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    surely if this is still under consultation, then we can continue until they officially tell us otherwise!?
    I don't think this will happen - it was thrown out last time.

Continue as you are.
    Debbie

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567