Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Link to EYFS

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Link to EYFS

Been doing LJS all day and am brain dead now Recorded my mindee talking about fire drill at other setting - any suggestions for where to link this????

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

psed - feeling safe and secure
    cll - having confidence to speak to others
    kuw - talking about past events

Post Thanks / Like

can you use all three at once ?

Oct 11.
    Latest Inspection Grade
    x Good x
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's mamma View Post
    yeah you can link it to any it covers i do the photo then a caption in black the all the areas and sections it links to in read it the covers more areas xx
    You can’t have everything. Where would you put it?

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gracie's mamma View Post
    Yes most observations will link in with more than one section. You will be suprised what an observation will cover!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marleymoo View Post
    psed - feeling safe and secure
    cll - having confidence to speak to others
    kuw - talking about past events
    Hi there

Where are you getting these from? for example - the PSED - feeling safe & secure? Where are you getting the links from?

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They are taken from the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Practice Guidance Book. The EYFS is divided into 6 areas of learning and you need to link your observations to the areas of learning and this will help you identify what the next steps should be. It does get easier!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you : ) I do that already, but with mine I put down that its part of CLL say and then I put if its writing or handwriting etc, but the posts before seem to be more in depth, where abouts in the guidence is that info from? Is it from the development matters column?

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellyb View Post
    Thank you : ) I do that already, but with mine I put down that its part of CLL say and then I put if its writing or handwriting etc, but the posts before seem to be more in depth, where abouts in the guidence is that info from? Is it from the development matters column?
    yes i take them from the developmental matters column.
    i use the planning and resourcing column to do my next steps.
    i just change the wording sometimes to fit the situation or make it more personalised.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I was beginning to think I was missing something! I always find it hard to know how much detail to go into, up until about a month ago I wasd doing sometimes 3 or 4 observations on each child every day, sometimes giving myself so much paper work to do it was just crazy! Ive managed to get that right down now..

I really struggle with my planning and what to do in written form, for each child, can any of you please give me any examples of what you do to give me some idea of what I should be doing?

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

are you talking about weekly planning? if so, i look at what i've written through the week about the mindees about their current interests. if they've been totally absorbed in large scale construction outdoors for instance i wouldn't want to end that this week for the sake of going onto something more topical like autumn, which i imagine everyone will be getting ready for around about now. i'd bring autumn to construction first. now this could just be numbers 1-10 printed on leaves and displayed in outdoor construction area, or peg onto a low washing line. it could be collecting conkers and asking children to count them and make their wall the same number of bricks high, printing photos of diff buildings/structures in autumn, can they build something like that? i could go on but i won't coz you've come here for inspiration not to nod off! then if the children's natural curiosity takes them to investigate autumn further, then i would go with that theme more fully. i have an A4 sheet of white card that i have pre-printed with each area of learning, a space for our words, colours and shapes for the week, our signs for the week, and our MFL greeting for the week. i laminated this card and use a dry wipe pen to write each bit on, planning an activity for each area of learning. if some or all of it gets done, i wipe those parts clean (the evidence will be in the obs). if none of it gets done coz something more interesting arose then it would roll over to the next week or could be scrapped all together if we're still going with the interesting spontaneous thing. as i haven't had to write it out or type it or anything i don't feel i've wasted my time. this sheet goes on my notice board in the hall for parents to see. photos are taken throughout the week and are displayed on the digital photo frame in the hall so parents see the evidence. this is in addition to photos in LJs.
    if you are talking of planning beyond a week then i would have to tell you what i do in another post - you've probably fallen asleep by now!
    Last edited by marleymoo; 12-09-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow thank you son much! Thats really helped! I love your idea of the dry wipe board...

One of my mindees is obsessed at the moment with doing puzzles, to the extent, he wants to play with nothing else, but do all the puzzles I have, over and over and over again, and Ive got a lot of puzzles! What would you do for this for forward planning?

What do you do for long term & medium term planning?

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

this clever little dude obviously enjoys a challenge and seems the kind of kid who would benefit from activities that get his little mind going. my mindees enjoy listening games and hunting games. for example, i print out grids with things on they might hear in my back garden, this could trees, diggers, dogs, cars, anthing really. they put a mark in the corresponding box. i do something similar looking for birds, insects, etc. this can be taken on any outing anywhere. we might then go on google images and find images of the things we have heard or seen and cut and paste them onto a ppt presentation. we can add sound clips too. we might just look out of front window on a rainy day and keep a tally of how many red, blue cars pass, or trucks, vans etc. depending on the age of the child, we would present this data as a pie chart or graph on the pc. if it's out of this child's abilities at this time, this could be an extension activity for schoolies.
    i like being outdoors and i like to get ict into as much of my planning as poss. i guess this shows
    my long term planning is fairly vague really. i simply plan to help all children to achieve as many learning outcomes as possible whilst in my care. my continuous provision is also part of my long term planning.
    my medium term planning takes into account festivals, season changes etc over the next few months and any info i'm given from mindees teachers about what's being covered that term.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow youve got some amazing ideas! I sometimes sit and just am blank when thinking about forward planning... Do you use any books for inspiration?

Thank you so much youve been a huge help so far though!

My lil mindee has just turned 3! Hes incredible!

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry no i don't use any books so i'm afraid i can't signpost you. these things just come to me as i'm actually doing the activities with the kids so i make notes about next steps at same time as i do the obs so i don't forget.
    i have an agenda in my head that might be different to yours. my emphasis is ict, mfl, gardening and music. yours might be cooking, arts and crafts, etc. we all bring our own individual interests to the setting and i think it's important to incorporate things we're excited about too

Post Thanks / Like

Forgive my numptyness at this time of night, (I'm currently studying my cypw diploma level 3 and doing coursework as we speak) what is mfl?

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry, my fault, modern foreign languages.

July 96
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Kellyb, this is the book I use for help in activities and forward planning

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Penny-Tasson...5901415&sr=8-1
    Cherry x

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

that is a good book cherry, i agree. it'd great for planning in the EYFS. i have a lot of schoolies though who are really interested in what the lo's have been doing during the day and somy planning aims to include follow up (or extension) activities for them.
    i used to use a BTTM book for planning activities, it was great. i have it hanging around somewhere and you've just reminded me to dig it out. i'm sure i could enhance it to incorporate 3-5's. might save giving myself brain ache trying to think of things myself!