Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Paid toddler groups

Hi all!

I have finally finished work and am concentrating on getting people around to visit and get them interested in leaving their little ones with me! Yay!

I have one girl from the NCT group who would like me to look after her daughter one day a week, which is lovely for me as I am just starting. It will be on a day where I take my daughter to 'Caterpillar Music' a toddler group with lots of music and musical instruments. I have only just joined this group and would like to keep going, my friends mum would like me to take her daughter as well and I am happy with this!

My only concerns is what will Ofsted think? As this is a group which will 'teach' for me, I won't be organising anything. Do I just link to the PD as she will get the physical things from the group and CD for the creative things in music? Also PSED for meeting up with loads of other children and playing? etc, will that be ok? Also you need to pay, I did offer to pay something for the class but my friend was happy to pay for her daughter. Do people pay for mindees and put it as included in your fees? Or so you ask mums to pay and write it in the contract?

There are a lot of baby groups and I'm not sure if I should just be going to the free ones?

Thanks loads, and thanks to everyone who helped me to get through my registration!! Love Claire X x X

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course you can take them! If you try hard it will link in with everything and I am sure Ofsted will be very impressed that you are accomodating mums wishes. Absolutely fine for mum to pay if she has offered. You are a home from home childcare service providing care that the mum wants, you are doing a great job!

June86
    Post Thanks / Like

Your minded child is becoming a member of the 'wider community' which is a part of their PSE development and also as Gigglinggobbin says links with other area of EYFS.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Definately go. If the parent is happy for her child to go I would ask for her to pay for her child for a group like this. It sounds great, can I come!

As others have said all these groups link in to EYFS and Ofsted will expect to see that the children in your care are joining in things in their wider community.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PinkFairy24 View Post
    Hi all!

I have finally finished work and am concentrating on getting people around to visit and get them interested in leaving their little ones with me! Yay!

I have one girl from the NCT group who would like me to look after her daughter one day a week, which is lovely for me as I am just starting. It will be on a day where I take my daughter to 'Caterpillar Music' a toddler group with lots of music and musical instruments. I have only just joined this group and would like to keep going, my friends mum would like me to take her daughter as well and I am happy with this!

My only concerns is what will Ofsted think? As this is a group which will 'teach' for me, I won't be organising anything. Do I just link to the PD as she will get the physical things from the group and CD for the creative things in music? Also PSED for meeting up with loads of other children and playing? etc, will that be ok? Also you need to pay, I did offer to pay something for the class but my friend was happy to pay for her daughter. Do people pay for mindees and put it as included in your fees?If you include it in your fee, dont forget to put the group fee as an expense on your accounts Or so you ask mums to pay and write it in the contract?

There are a lot of baby groups and I'm not sure if I should just be going to the free ones?

Thanks loads, and thanks to everyone who helped me to get through my registration!! Love Claire X x X
    Hope that helps
    Lisa Burrows x x