Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 16 principals ?

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 16 principals ?

Hi, ive just had a meeting with my DO who advised that we should be writing down on picture/photos/planning and toy boxes etc 1.1, 1.2, ...... etc not just concentrating on 4.4 (areas of learning and development ) so we can show that we are aware of the 'whole' of the EYFS. I think they are called the 16 principals of EYFS.
    Do you guys do this? ..... should I be doing this ?

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 16 principals ?

I have a continuous planning folder which lists all the resources/ activities I do regularly or have out all the time ie construction toys, painting, cooking, snack time etc and for all of those I have written out how they link with the 16 principles.

I was thinking of adding the numbers to my policies as well!
    Like my ideas on Facebook 'Play, naturally'

Pipsqueak Guest

It is up to you how you do your obs - what your DO is suggesting is just that - a suggestion of how to potentialy present your obs.

Are you happy with your current way?
    Do you want to follow her suggestion?
    Are you comfy with giving it a shot perhaps?

If you don't want to do it - then just thank her for her input and carry on doing your own way. Unless she wants to come and do it for you in her own time.

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    It is up to you how you do your obs - what your DO is suggesting is just that - a suggestion of how to potentialy present your obs.

Are you happy with your current way?
    Do you want to follow her suggestion?
    Are you comfy with giving it a shot perhaps?

If you don't want to do it - then just thank her for her input and carry on doing your own way. Unless she wants to come and do it for you in her own time.
    Agree with Pipsqueak

Another couple of questions to ask yourself are
    Will doing as DO suggest enhance my obs / toy box etc in anyway?
    Would it lead to better outcomes for the children?
    Can I see any benefit to myself or the children if I do as DO suggests?

Having asked myself these questions - I can not see any benefit or reason for doing so - but would be interested in the views of anyone who thinks otherwise

Penny

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

mmmmm this has got me thinking...

we have been told (by cll training and ICAN) to GET RID OF any written work from our setting that is not child related and if any posters etc are for adults or parents then these should be on a parent notice board..

so on toy boxes will a child be interested that it links in with 3.3 the indoor environment or 4.2 decision making..etc

every do and training tutor has different ideas as to what we should be doing and how... ofsted would think that 4.2 in small in a corner of a toy box was to express your knowledge of understanding but you could express your knowledge in your SEF as to what provisions are supporting what etc..

just more work in my opinion for no other purpous than to prove you know what you are doing and why...xxxxx