Thread: 9 month old

Registered Childminder since
    Nov09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 9 month old

Hi, me again sorry!

What sort of activities should i be doing with a 9 month old?
    I have a few ideas, mirrors, music, songs, actions, books etc.
    Do i still record activities and achievements in a LJ or do i do it in another format for babies? I realise that play is the most important thing but is there anything that i should be following? Is birth to 3 matters still current?

Sorry for all the questions x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 9 month old

The Eyfs took over from birth to 3 in 2008... so Eyfs is current for all children from birth.

You need to look through the guidance document of the Eyfs for lots of activity ideas.

And yes you need to do the same learning journey document as you would for older children including observations, assessments and individual planning notes.

Hth

Nov09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah, am glad im on the right track. Got confused when i saw birth to 3 on the Bromley site....obviously old and should be removed!

Thanks again x

aug 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

finding it really hard with my 9 month mindee,she is unable to sit up,hold bottle,roll over really just wants to be carried round all day if i leave room when she is in bouncer she cries find that i can't even go loo in peace,lol,spoke to parents their responce "she not in a rush ,she is just laid back"

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karen m View Post
    finding it really hard with my 9 month mindee,she is unable to sit up,hold bottle,roll over really just wants to be carried round all day if i leave room when she is in bouncer she cries find that i can't even go loo in peace,lol,spoke to parents their responce "she not in a rush ,she is just laid back"

sounds like my dd! now shes 6 she won't stop talking and is top of her class haha (and an aug baby!!)

You have lots of starting points to help towards baby!

How to you support her in sitting? how do you encourage her to roll? all valid EYFS

as for holding a bottle, none of my lo or own children held their bottles I love that bonding time!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh I love under 1s! Lots of encouraging movement - moving toys away so they can try to crawl or roll to get them. Stand em on their feet to strengthen legs for walking. Peek a boo games. Singing and bouncing around on your knee. Lots of out and about in pushchair to see the world. Gloop is a good creative activiy to introduce at that age (cornflour and water) although they will try and eat it LOL! Picture books and building blocks (let them knock down towers you build and count them up for them as you rebuild it)
    Loads of stimulationg toys that do stuff cos it's all about exploring and watching them figure stuff out. Loads of shapes and stuff they can chew on cos they explore mostly by mouth at that age.

Have fun! Mine are all over 1 now so not doing any baby stuff
    Want more babies! LOL
    Blondes have more fun!

June 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Some great ideas! i have a baby starting 3 days a week in April next year, he will be 9 months then and i can't wait! Lots of learing and developing to be done.

sarah x