Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Gardens

Registered Childminder since
    Sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Gardens

I've been offered to apply for a capital grant from local early years board and they suggested help with the garden.
    Thing is as we rent i dont want to include structural things that we cant take with us if we move.
    A shed is top of my list, as it would help with pram storage for parents at drop off time, plus a safe place for our double (at present in garage and all 3 try running in different directions while im getting it out) and also storage for garden toys and indoor toy rotation storage.
    The problem is it has to be a minimum of £2500, but a normal size shed is only a few hundred £s!!!

Was just wondering if you have any ideas - are there things in your garden you've found really useful (i have 3 children between 20mths & 28mths).

Nov 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Gardens

Hello

I have two garden benches that have underneath storage, lift up seat - invaluable for sand toys and children can get them themselves, they were about £130 odd each 6 years ago - so not gonna rack up that kind of cash! Are there rules for rented properties?
    How abaout a sun shade canvas sail thingy? I gues you have a water table, sand table, the one's I have are big and givea lot of space to play with toys. What about a willow wigwam thing, I think you can get one's now that are not growing but poke into grass and remain in one place,
    water feature - if you get a pot/ rock type thing at least you culd take most of it with you if you move.
    Get some sensory plants
    TTS grup do outdoor resource "kits" expensive - but if money is no object!!
    Don't get a shed - get a summerhouse!!
    think jacuzzi (spelling!) must fit EYFS somewhere!

You lucky thing!

June86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Labour costs are very exprensive so if you are not doing it yourself having a patio area done could add to your costs as would having your shed erected.

Post Thanks / Like

We were given £2,500 as well, and I chose to use most of mine for outdoor equipment. I had a new wendy house, together with kitchen to go in it, ride on toys (2 motorbikes/dumper truck/front loader) large sandpit and bags of sand, climbing mountain (Step 2 skyward summit - cost approx £400), large plastic picnic bench and parasol, constuction toys for the sandpit, ie cement mixer, wheel barrows, buckets and spades etc. Plus more things I can't quite remember at the mo, it is all stacked in the shed so that when I can get out and tidy the garden I can get it all out!!

My neighbour used about £600 of hers to buy a large good quality 12'x10' shed, and also purchased racking and storage boxes to go in it.

I think the plan is to buy good quality (more expensive than you would buy yourself) items. I know I could have got similar items for less money, but at the end of the day I am hoping that paying a bit more (especially when its not your money) will mean they last longer!!

Post Thanks / Like

A summerhouse sounds good to me!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!