IDEAS FOR YOUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - UPDATED 01.2013
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Post Thanks / Like

Angel/Sarah, please can you point me to the bit in the childcare register where it says about procedure for allegations against staff, I keep reading the requirements (2010) but can't see it - is there an updated list of requirements? I have it in my policy anyway, but just wanted to check it was right. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    UPDATED

These are the MUST HAVE policies and procedures for the Childcare Register 2010. If you are registered on the Childcare Register these must be in writing….
    • Safeguarding / Child Protection policy and procedures - for the Childcare Register it must include the procedures to be followed in the event of an allegation being made against a member of staff. For the EYFS 2012 it must include information about mobile phone and camera use.

Registered Childminder since
    july 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Angeldelight this is a big help!

aug 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mobile phone/cameras

Im aware we need to link a mobile phone/camera policy into our Safeguarding one, but to be honest Im not sure what to put!
    I know why its not allowed in Nurseries etc (mobiles etc) but my mobile and camera are always around for obs etc.
    My cm friend has linked hers to not allowing her older after schoolies to use them in her home, but I dont take older children

Any advise or links please.

OCT 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for all this info! I wish i'd found this forum along time ago
    Janice

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I have put that although i own and use these devices within my setting i will not allow them to be used/viewed by anyone else,during minding hours unsupervised and they are free for inspection. Hope this helps x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    Im aware we need to link a mobile phone/camera policy into our Safeguarding one, but to be honest Im not sure what to put!
    I know why its not allowed in Nurseries etc (mobiles etc) but my mobile and camera are always around for obs etc.
    My cm friend has linked hers to not allowing her older after schoolies to use them in her home, but I dont take older children

Any advise or links please.
    I have just written about it on my blog -

http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/

Hth

Lady Haha Guest

Hi Angel and Sarah, thanks for this!

I am all up together with the policies and procedures now, but need to ask a question if I may!

Where it says I MUST inform parents of my registration on the voluntary part of the childcare register, how would I word that and where?

I have in my introduction letter that I am Ofsted registered, but thats all! Should I change it to 'I am Ofsted registered on the compulsory and voluntary childcare registers'? or words to that effect? Could some one good with words help me out here please?

The other thing is the giving details of another childminder who could care for mindees if I'm ill. I gave these details out to all my parents in a newsletter ages ago when I found one and forgot all about it! Should I do a whole new policy regarding that or just tag it on the end of my 'emergency regarding the childminder' one?

Jun 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much ladies. Just when I thought I was done!!!

This should keep me busy for a while

Thanks again

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FussyElmo View Post
    Oh my goodness think I really need to get my policys dusted out and reviewed think I may need a drink too......But seriously thank you shamed to admit it dont think I would have ever thought of that!!!!!

Me neither, love all the help on here. xx

MAR 21
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks you are a genius

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This thread has been updated to include new information about policies and procedures from Ofsted.

This is the latest Ofsted factsheet clarifying the requirements -

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Records, policies and notification requirements of the Early Years Register

You will also find more information in this factsheet -

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - Requirements for written documents: childminders delivering the Early Years Foundation Stage

I hope you find it useful

apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: IDEAS FOR YOUR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES - WHERE TO PUT THEM?

Thanks that was really helpful.

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah. I have printed those 2 documents off and will work through them!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456