how do you show your working with preschools?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default how do you show your working with preschools?

I have one mindie at preschool every morning, as far as i can tell they dont do topics and just have different activities out everyday.
    Parent hasnt signed anything with permission to take obs or anything like that, and im not too sure how i can show i am working with them, would a verbal exchange of words do, perhaps every week?

How do others show they are working with other settings?

Jo

Apr 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: how do you show your working with preschools?

At our school nursery they have the topics areas they are doing on the school website under each classes curriculum newsletter. I have made a note of these and try to build it in to the planning i do.

I also take pictures of the things they bring home from nursery and then do a similar activity or something linked to it.whichc can be observed and linked to the nursery one and the EYFS. I have also taken (with permission), numeracy and literacy homework sheets (mark making etc) which they use and so the children are familiar with what we are trying to do at my house.

Hope its of some help

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I copy all the newsletters they send home and talk to them daily on what they are doing/done. Record anything relevant in the childs folder.

I also have a letter from me to parents asking for permission to observe/record etc and talk to other professionals and a letter to other settings explaining that I am delivering the EYFS and could we work together. Copies of all and the reply go in the childs folder.
    Debbie

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

do i just do a simple letter to the pre school then saying:

i care for ** on a tuesday , wednesday and thursday i am required by ofsted to deliver the EYFS. I hope we can work together and provide real continuity for ** development.
    I have parental permission attached to this letter to discuss all relevent activities you are planning.

Hows that sound.

Jo

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that's what I do but I haven't had any feedback as yet though

OCT 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I introduced myself when the child first started, alongside the child's parent. I also got the parents to do written and verbal premission to share information with pre-school staff so we could all work together for the benefit of the child exchanging info at the start/end of sessions.
    I plan to give pre school a what I do with the child information sheet but haven't got round to it yet

Allie

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I made up a simple Childminder - Preschool - Parent communication form (2 sheets).

Basicall it is laid out the same both sides with a few headings like What the child likes doing at pre-school / childminders. What we are covering at the moment and simple things like that. On the second page, is an area for other comments and then a parents comments box.

I completed my side and asked pre-school if they would kindly complete it when they get a moment and then gave it to parent to read and comment on. When I got it back it was interesting to see that the child concerned did different things at pre-school to home but there were also some things we were both working towards. Pre-school have kept a copy on their files and the Manager asked to have a look at the form!

It keeps it simple and I think every time pre-school do an assessment I will do one from here.

Ofsted loved it.
    Donna

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive sent them a letter with a consent from attached from parnets to say I can communicate with them about their child. And I enclosed an exercise book for us to communicate with each other. They were relectant at first but have filled it out. I got the letter format from Bromley
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

Ex CM
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    01/01/09
    Post Thanks / Like

Our pre-school did a letter to our local schools just like Jo's As long as you have signed parental permission slip to talk to the school or pre-school then it should be OK.
    Need a laugh? Visit my website: www.unclegargy.deviantART.com