Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Another planning thread!!

Hi Everyone

I'm sorry if you are all getting sick of reading about planning but i just need to know if the planning i do is enough!! Have got my first grading inspection looming and want to make sure she can't grade me down for not having enough planning!!

I have:

An Annual Plan - this just has dates of all school holidays, holidays i'm taking or the children, calender events like st valentines day etc and general reminders for me to update certain things.

A monthly group plan, with this i plan out activities we can do each week and they are based around a certain theme and/or occasion, e.g. below:

March - week 1

Theme - Dr Seuss's birthday (2nd)

Read Some Dr Seuss books, go to library to get them with the children, let them select a few.
    Make Green eggs and ham for lunch
    Draw some pictures from the books

Occasion - Diversity & disabilities awarness week (i'm not sure if it is, but thought it would be good to make the children aware)

Make a diversity collage using pictures from magazines and online
    Read "all kind of beliefs" book
    read "all kinds of people" book
    talk about how we are all different

I also note the resources i will need to get and if we will be going on any outings.

Each child has an individual leaning plan, this is reviewed every time they hit a certain cross over mark in the ages of the eyfs to see if they are on target or ahead or behind. The individual learning plan has the six outcomes, the childs short term goal, current learning ability, support to be offered, long term goal (this will be one of the aspects from the outcome) and comments or if the target is met.

Observations and next steps sheet for each child which i complete once a month - obs are taken more often but i choose certain ones in each of the 6 areas and write up next steps for it.

They also have a weekly plan but this is basically their routine in the week and i mark which section will be a planned activity session for every day.

I hope you understand!!
    Last edited by Lyns123; 04-02-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: needed to add something else

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Another planning thread!!

Unfortunately we have no idea whether we are doing too much, enough or not enough because every inspector is looking for something different.

What I can say though is yours sounds very much like mine and I think I'm doing enough!

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for replying Sarah, it's just i've seen some other peoples examples of planning and everything is so different!

I really want to understand it but to be honest i feel like i'm making it up as i go along and grabbing bits from all over the place. Another question i had was do you link each activity planned with what outcome it might cover? i haven't done this but i did see a spider gram on the bcma website which i could use but didn't know if i would just be making more work for myself by doing this. A thought i had was to do obs on the activities and link them that way!!

Oh what to do, what to do!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

The thing is none of us know exactly what is expected of us - it's entirely up to individuals to decide how much or how little planning we do.

What you're doing sounds fine to me. I do link activities to the learning and development areas they cover because I think this will show Ofsted that I (hopefully might) know what I'm doing!

Miffy xx