PLEASE HELP ME!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PLEASE HELP ME!!

I am really really struggling with planning I cannot find an easy way of doing it I want a form that has got daily activities like toddler group etc in it and then spaces where I can put other activities like painting, sticking etc relating to a theme or child interest or next steps etc- is this a short term one???

I also need something for long term - I just cant get to grips with planning

Can anyone help me pleaseeee???

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: PLEASE HELP ME!!

Hello

looked on the Bromley website and found this, i think they also sell something as well

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policie...m_Planning.doc

x
    Sarah

Pipsqueak Guest

check out some of Sarah707 (sarah nevs) ebooks. They are a reasonable price and very well done and more than helpful. There is tons of help round here as well.

Planning doesn't have to be elaborate - being quite basic I observe the child - follow the interests and plan from their

E age 3yrs like cars and vehicles my next steps would be to build on this by extending the interest

outdoor play vehicles
    when we are out and about spotting different modes of transport - how and why its used
    using different materials - lego, connecting track, drawing our own roadways/canals/ etc
    and so on.....

thats me being quite basic about it so I hope it helps you start in the right direction

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I will tell you what I do -

I do weekly planning, here is an example-

Monday (date) E,T,I,L (kids initial)
    8.20 - 9.20 - school run
    9.20 - 10.00 - Freeplay.TV
    10.00 - 11.00 - snack time
    11.00- 12.00 - Park

Etc, etc

I also do individual planning for each child....

I lookt the EyFS book to see what they should be doing at their age - and I used thenext steps from last months obs

I then draw up their planning, IE - "I" needs support counting to 10 - to do activities that include counting (then I write what the activities maybe) etc, etc.

I hope you get my idea.

Ofsted, when I had my inspection, liked my planning but said he was gonna push me to do it better by linking my planning more with my obs, so look at your obs you do each month and plan from them and don't forget to note it all down, inspector also mention using a grid taken from the EYFS and ticking off when the child has met a certain area for their age...
    Last edited by Mollymop; 06-12-2008 at 09:39 PM.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Planning doesn't need to be complicated... so long as you have systems in place to cope with it.

First of all think about the normal stuff you have out every day - that's your continuous provision.

Then think about what the children want to do / what they enjoy doing / the things they ask for ... that's following children's interests.

Then for the over 3s (sometimes a bit younger if they are ready) think about your planning... so this month you would be planning for Christmas stuff, Hanukkah / St Lucia's Day festival of light celebrations etc etc ... that's your planning.

3 different types, which all run along together. It's what you do every day, you just need to write it down

Hth

Post Thanks / Like

In know how to do it I just dont know how to set it out and write it down!! I have got soooo many samples of planning forms but I just want something simple!!

I have already done the childrens individual planning and have scraps of paper in a file with activities on and how they link to eyfs under different months.

Continuous Procision - is this something that we write once and just has to be tweaked??

I really cant get to grips with this at all for some reason

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Take a piece of A4 paper for the week...

Split it into 4...

Headers ... continuous provision / children's interests / my planning / evaluation

CP - focus on one or 2 areas of CP that you are going to get out this week eg the messy tray and books about dinosaurs ... ask why you are getting them out... because John went to the Science Museum and is mad keen on dinos and Jane loves using gloop in the messy tray...

Interests - focus on children's interests ... John and his dinos... how else could you enhance that? Books, outing to library, printing with dino feet etc...

My planning - Christmas stuff for next week ... making snowman pictures because John's family don't want him to be involved in christmas stuff etc...

Evaluation - things to think about if you repeat the activities... things that went well... things children suggested you might do... feedback from parents... ideas from other settings you might include next time...

take a sheet of paper for each child and make your obsrevations ... when you have these think about the child's next steps...from this, you will be working out their individual planning. Nearly all your planning is individual anyway... you are thinking about the child's needs as you plan... but show how obs lead to next steps lead to planning for the future as well.

Don't over complicate it or you will not be able to keep it going week after week.

Does that help?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Take a piece of A4 paper for the week...

Split it into 4...

Headers ... continuous provision / children's interests / my planning / evaluation

CP - focus on one or 2 areas of CP that you are going to get out this week eg the messy tray and books about dinosaurs ... ask why you are getting them out... because John went to the Science Museum and is mad keen on dinos and Jane loves using gloop in the messy tray...

Interests - focus on children's interests ... John and his dinos... how else could you enhance that? Books, outing to library, printing with dino feet etc...

My planning - Christmas stuff for next week ... making snowman pictures because John's family don't want him to be involved in christmas stuff etc...

Evaluation - things to think about if you repeat the activities... things that went well... things children suggested you might do... feedback from parents... ideas from other settings you might include next time...

I'll give it a go lol!!

take a sheet of paper for each child and make your obsrevations ... when you have these think about the child's next steps...from this, you will be working out their individual planning. Nearly all your planning is individual anyway... you are thinking about the child's needs as you plan... but show how obs lead to next steps lead to planning for the future as well.

I already do this!!

Don't over complicate it or you will not be able to keep it going week after week.

Does that help?
    I'll let you know lol!! I have all your planning ond obs books but cant grasp it!!

Post Thanks / Like

It helped me thanks for the tips

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise2613 View Post
    I'll let you know lol!! I have all your planning ond obs books but cant grasp it!!

Hope you work it out

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angeldelight View Post
    Hope you work it out

Angel xx
    Thanks Angel x