Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Communication with nursery

I approached pre-school this morning with a little informal chat first. She was very good and said once keyworkers were assigned they will introduce me (some new faces this term) and they have developmental meetings and from these they will be able to give me some input. They are not quite sure yet as the next few weeks will be just for settling in.

I know this member of staff from taking a previous child and she knows from before that I try to work alongside some of their themes to enhance the child's learning. I also attended an afternoon session to get a feeling of how my mindee settled in, what he did etc which was really helpful.

I think she was a bit shocked but also she accepts that it is something that we just have to get on and do.

I have heard that they have got some little printed certificates that any parent (could be childminders too I suppose) can write on their child's new skill or wow moment etc and it will get put into that child's personal file - I thought this a very good idea and perhaps playschool could fill some out for the childminder to put into their files. This will not take very long for the keyworker to do but also provides evidence for Ofsted from both sides.

Sorry if my post is a bit waffly.
    Last edited by donnahay0; 09-09-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Donna

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Carolyn and I have had a result, Our introduction letters were received really well at Nursery, they said they will help them show Ofsted how we are all working together. Parents have signed permission letters allowing 2 way info from Nursery to ourselves And to top it all off one of our Mindees who has just started school was having a Home Visit from his Teacher, he showed her his "All About Me Book" that we have compiled with obs, next step areas of learning and photos in . Well she loved it and wrote some lovely comments in it. We are so pleased with ourselves.

June 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go girls - childminders rule
    Donna

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Donna, it feels lovely that all our hard work has paid off

aug 07
    Post Thanks / Like

HI, Just wondering, what does everyone put in there letters, i dont know how to word it nicely?
    Marie.

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We spoke to the Nursery Supervisor first ,(to break the ice) then in a letter we said Further to our conversation about the children in our shared care here is our letter of introduction and our telephone numbers. We then compiled a letter for Parents Giving us Permission to share two way communication between ourselves and Nursery/ School. This has been well received by Nursery, Reception and the even the Head Mistress

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12