planning for many
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default planning for many

I am sort of getting my head around the EYFS with all your help but as I have 15 children (9 in EYFS, rest older and all are part time) I am really struggling with how to plan for all their individual interests. So if one is interested in dinosaurs do they all do a bit of that and take it in turns to have their interests followed? Do you have several interests running at once and say have minibeast hunts, people who help us painting and small world transport theme all on the same day to do a bit of each child's interests? I am finding this difficult to record, is it acceptable to put next step planning all on one sheet for all children and not in their individual folders as this would help me to keep a lid on paperwork? Any ideas

Thanks Anni

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: planning for many

I have 2 lots of weekly planning on one sheet... it fits 3 children though not 7, you might have to turn the page

1st part - group planning - themes, celebrations, books of the week, additions to the water tray, whether we're making playdough... that sort of thing.

2nd part - individual planning -

M aged 4 has come back from nursery with a major interest in worms so during song time we will sing 'there's a worm...' and I have a worm book I can put by the sand tray which is now full of shredded paper and plastic bugs;

W aged 3 is having building work on his house and wants to build with the Lego;

M age 2 has a throwing schema and we need to channel this into chucking balls in the garden, not wanging toys in the house.

So all the group planning is ongoing, sitting waiting for quiet moments when everyone needs a bit of direction... individual planning is to follow each child's interests and let them play with the things that excite them.

M will probably want to throw the mini beasts round the house, they will all enjoy the songs and books etc.

Hope this helps