Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Covid Vaccine

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Covid Vaccine

hi All,

I was told by a friend that childminders are on the list under social care allowing them to book a covid vaccine online via nhs. Pacey sent out a letter about it on Friday. My early years team at the local authority are saying we should not do it yet, just wondered how many of you have booked it already, or asked your local authority if your included?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

After the initial confusion it was made very clear that we're NOT included, but people are still trying to convince themselves that we are! The letter PACEY sent out was also very clear that we're not included.

The list that puts us in the social care category was some careers information that was issued by the government. It has nothing to do with the priority vaccination list. All I saw over the weekend were posts saying "we're on the list", when actually we're on alist, not the list.

Several local childminders booked vaccinations based on the careers list. Some got their vaccinations at the weekend but others were turned away.

3. Likes Pixie dust, loocyloo liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    After the initial confusion it was made very clear that we're NOT included, but people are still trying to convince themselves that we are! The letter PACEY sent out was also very clear that we're not included.

The list that puts us in the social care category was some careers information that was issued by the government. It has nothing to do with the priority vaccination list. All I saw over the weekend were posts saying "we're on the list", when actually we're on alist, not the list.

Several local childminders booked vaccinations based on the careers list. Some got their vaccinations at the weekend but others were turned away.
    Yes, your right, i sent a message to the Early Years team asking them to clarify, and they sent out details this morning saying we are definatly not included, in our authority anyhow, not sure about others. So many people on facebook are booking them, or have already had them, what happens when they get the first jab, but get refused the second though. I was just intrested to see if anybody elses authority had a different view on who was eligible that was all.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The only childminders i know that have had the vaccine are those with underlying conditions.

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Our LA sent an email Friday night asking us not to book vaccines as weren't on the list. I have seen a lot of heated debate about this on Facebook over the weekend. I am happy to wait for my turn. I don't know any childminders that managed to book a vaccine Friday.
    Pixie Dust

7. Likes loocyloo liked this post