2 year progress check
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 year progress check

I read somewhere recently something was changing, but can't remember what!
    A just turned 2 year old mindee has her check at the end of the month, I usually do a summary of progress for each area of learning, do I need to do anything different/more?

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex__17 View Post
    I read somewhere recently something was changing, but can't remember what!
    A just turned 2 year old mindee has her check at the end of the month, I usually do a summary of progress for each area of learning, do I need to do anything different/more?
    In my area they are doing a pilot scheme which involves the health visitor, parent and cm (or preschool worker etc) getting together to discuss and agree on the child's learning and development stages and agree next steps to support learning and development. We will be given guidance after the scheme as to how we will work in the future. Ask your LA if they require you to contact the health visitor or the parent contacts them.

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The integrated review - which is the development of the 2 year progress check is in full swing in my County :

http://www.ncb.org.uk/media/1201160/...march_2015.pdf

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    The integrated review - which is the development of the 2 year progress check is in full swing in my County :

http://www.ncb.org.uk/media/1201160/...march_2015.pdf
    How is it going with CMers? Are HVs coming to CMer settings with the parents to do the integrated review, or are CMers meeting parents and HVs at CFCs? How is it going with the CMers other mindees being around and potentially causing a distraction during what could be a difficult/important discussion between CM/HV/parent? Would be interesting to hear how other areas are approaching it.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post

How is it going with CMers? Are HVs coming to CMer settings with the parents to do the integrated review, or are CMers meeting parents and HVs at CFCs? How is it going with the CMers other mindees being around and potentially causing a distraction during what could be a difficult/important discussion between CM/HV/parent? Would be interesting to hear how other areas are approaching it.
    Apparently a joint/integrated review is ' in discussion ' in my LA ... Our HV never seem to know what the left or right is doing so I'm watching and waiting ....

Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
    I overhear someone saying it was suggested that she could meet up with the HV and parent on her day off!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by moh View Post
    I overhear someone saying it was suggested that she could meet up with the HV and parent on her day off!

8. Likes BallyH liked this post