Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar oo
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sorry another eyfs question

As i read it and from what i have read in here its a good idea to tie in with what topics they are doing at (pre)school. Thing is i am not to sure on how i can practicaly do this .from sept i will have 1 child in pre schoo 1 child in foundation stage and practicaly a child from every other school year .I only have the children for a few hours a day and they will all be doing different topics at school.I know it wont be so much of an issue with the odler ones but with the pre school and foundation stage child i cant really cover two different topics and i will only have the preschooler for about 1/2 hour efore i pick the others up. Could i just do my own topics with them all or will ofsted feel i am not "communicating" with the nursery and foundation stage.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: sorry another eyfs question

It's not just about tying in with pre-school themes - I totally understand your frustration on that one by the way...

It's also about finding out what the children are doing at pre-school and complementing that care... and following the child's wishes.

So if child A is doing a minibeasts theme elsewhere and really likes bees, see what the other children think one afternoon of painting with yellow and black, trying honey on toast, printing using a honeycomb sponge, making stripey patterns in the mud etc... I bet they will join in enthusiastically.

Similarly, if child B then tells you she has done junk modelling at nursery and made a dinosaur that she's proud of... well you wouldn't necessarily rush off to get your empty boxes, but you could make up a dinosaur song and read a dino book for your story time session.

Does this make sense??

You are following your own routines... you are including things the children enjoy... you are working in tandem with other settings, not trying to outdo them or do the same as them... you can't possibly do that in a few hours a day!

You are also providing care and small-scale meal times and hugs and an interested adult on hand all session ... all of which relate to areas of the eyfs that preschools and nurseries can't practically do with so many children in a session

mar oo
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that Sarah new i was overcomplicating it so on my long term planing i can do multicultrual events and occasions can expand on them for medium planning and pop the other bits in to tie in with nursery and foundation stage as they pop up on short term
    THANK YOU

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mimo View Post
    so on my long term planing i can do multicultrual events and occasions can expand on them for medium planning and pop the other bits in to tie in with nursery and foundation stage as they pop up on short term
    Sounds like a great plan to me!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah you have this amazing way in explaining it all in terms we can all understand....for that once again.....Thankyou x
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

What gets me the most is, I have children of different ages, from babies to 3, and all are part time and one is quite severly disabled. Why should we have to do more work with the ones that are attending nursery in the morning and have no interest in doing anything at all in the afternoon when they get back, have had dinner, a rest and soon home time?
    Does anyone else feel the same or is it just me?

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

But teacake, you are meeting the eyfs by doing that!!!

You are giving them a healthy meal and you are allowing them some rest and relaxation...

I bet if you think about it you do even more than that too!

30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

Sarah, can you move in with me for a month from 1st Sept. please. bed and board free!!!!

mar oo
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carolinel View Post
    Sarah, can you move in with me for a month from 1st Sept. please. bed and board free!!!!
    Forget a month . I need her permanatly please