New Childcare registration
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Childcare registration

Hello, I have just been reading up and for the before and after school kids we now have to give the parents

"Information about the registration system for the voluntary part of the childcare register"!

I am not sure what information/wording we are supposed to be passing on????

Has anyone got an idea?

Please help,

Many thanks
    Mo x

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Moira Mc View Post
    Hello, I have just been reading up and for the before and after school kids we now have to give the parents

"Information about the registration system for the voluntary part of the childcare register"!

I am not sure what information/wording we are supposed to be passing on????

Has anyone got an idea?

Please help,

Many thanks
    Mo x
    You can do this in different ways but very simple

-When parents visit you for the first time to enquire about a place have the new Ofsted factsheet at hand and explain the difference about the EY register and the childcare register which has the compulsory part and the voluntary part

-You could email parents via the newsletter and include this info as part of the general update to them and changes to EYFS 2014 from Sept
    You could add the link to the factsheet if you feel they would read it

-If you have a website mention it there
    -if you provide parents with an Information pack and make a list of the topics they need to know about ...you could add that there

-You could explain this in your contract if you have a 'Prospectus ' section

Hope this helps
    Last edited by Simona; 28-08-2014 at 07:47 AM.