Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potty training

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Stacieepg don't feel so bad about yourself, your doing more than enough by the sounds of things for this mum already. The fact she has put off the potty training says it all.

I am not long into childminding and read up on advice on here all the time and ask for it from the Brilliant people like Rickysmiths, Bunyip, Simona, Hectors House, Sarah and far too many more Greats to mention and still go and make the wrong decision because my heart won't allow me to be strong and business minded.

Your good nature is being took for granted as mine was but now I have sat and had a rethink, rejigged my contracts, fees policy and my brain to get my working head on and think of myself and my children. I have had some people walk away because I refused to budge (after making errors before) but their no loss because they want it all for nothing and the others who have stayed know it is my job but like their children with me in a homely, friendly and safe environment.

Sit down and reflect on your provision and what you do for your parents and if your doing more than the EYFS and Ofsted ask of you then your doing enough favours, remind yourself you are minding these children for the parents to go to work, you didn't give birth to them their mum's did. We support and help but we don't bring them up for the lazy so and so's.
    Have a brew, breathe and start again with your business woman head on.

Cheer up and the best of luck to you.
    Last edited by mum67; 19-07-2014 at 12:55 PM.

2. Likes Koala liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12