I'm due my first graded inspection October/November and was advised at my pre reg by the inspector that they no longer defer your first inspection.

She said if you have no children on the roll then you will still be inspected to check you still understand the EYFS.

Business is slow starting up and at the moment it looks like I will only have 1 child in reception before and after school.
From reading through the updated framework for September 2014 I understand I won't need to do any observations or anything with this child.

This is where my confusion sets in. I will have a child under 8 on my roll so surely I can't be classed as no children on roll but I also won't be displaying how I work using the EYFS for this child. So would this mean I will get un graded and have to wait however many years until I'm inspected under the next inspection cycle. Which I believe starts in 2016?

Surely by not deferring the first inspection there is now a possibility for hundreds of childminders to go years before they actually get a grade?