Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tracking & New Mindee

Hi all, I have a new baby starting soon, I've completed all the paperwork and all about me information with regard to routines etc ... just wanted to ask with regard to Early Years Outcomes.

I use a Local Authority tracker and I need to go through this and highlight baby's starting points, do any of you go through it with the parents initially to check where baby is up to or do you just do it based on your initial observations?

Thank you x

Feb 97
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I go through it with parent and then highlight the areas in a separate colour and just write a ' p' for parent along side it.

3. Likes Rosy Days liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I get everything I can from the all about me, and from observing the child initially for a couple of weeks. I then arrange a meeting with parents where I show them my observations and ask if they have any to add. This is then put in with my normal obs but highlighted red so I can see that it's their ob and not mine. My inspector loved this as shows working in partnership x

5. Likes Rosy Days liked this post
    Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy Days View Post
    Hi all, I have a new baby starting soon, I've completed all the paperwork and all about me information with regard to routines etc ... just wanted to ask with regard to Early Years Outcomes.

I use a Local Authority tracker and I need to go through this and highlight baby's starting points, do any of you go through it with the parents initially to check where baby is up to or do you just do it based on your initial observations?

Thank you x
    With any child starting you need to gather as much info as you can from the parents during settling in or home visits...then observe him/her in your setting for a while so you can complete an 'all about me' form if that is what you use but it is called 'starting points' ...all about me is not a statutory form to use despite the fact LAs like to give out their version...your own will do just as well

Once you have observed your child and get to know the learning style and interests and know all his starting points you can start planning the next steps of his learning...when that is done you observe and track his progress

Again using the LAs forms is fine but your own is just as good here as well...remember LAs role in supporting us is changing and do not add paperwork to your burden

Hope that helps

7. Likes Rosy Days liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree, get as much info as possible from parents, while recording that it is their contribution x