Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Default reception children

Hi all
    Wonder if can just let me know regarding eyfs and reception children.
    I look after one who just turned 5 and us in reception.
    I look after him 3-4 x per week for 45 minuted am and 2 hours pm after school. We are doing crafts,free plays,ipad time,snack times.
    I am just not sure if we have to do observations and have learning journeys on them?
    By the time we get home have snack its only an hour left ,plus sometimes we have to go and pick other chikd from after school club.So not much time left.Teacher is not very keen at showing me where he is at in DM's.
    I am due ofsted and bit worried they will want to see learning journey and next steps for him.
    Anyone knowes what we supposed to do for them ?
    Thank u x

09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone ??

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya, as far as I know, reception children are still in the eyfs and therefore will need a LJ and some observations. Obviously you won't have many due to the amount of time you have the child for but you have to provide something to show ofsted about how he's developing.

amirose Guest

It is no longer a requirement to complete learning journals for eyfs children once they start full time school