Just starting out..
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just starting out..

Hi,

I have recently completed my childminder training and am just getting ready to put forward my Ofsted application....I am however having a bit of a wobble :-/ I feel a little overwhelmed by the EYFS and wondered if anyone else found this too? Where do you get all your ideas from and how on earth do you make sure that you are offering enough for everyone?! How long did it take for this to become second nature? I'm so concerned that I'll end up failing the. Holden (inc. my own) in some way is this normal?

Thanks x

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi cat121,
    I'm pre reg and find it all a bit overwhelming at times too, I try to take it all bit by bit as the whole thing is just too much, there is so much to learn.
    I also find if it is late and i'm tired I start to feel I can't do it, but I have learnt to recognise that now and to go to bed and look at it again the next day.
    I found my self jotting down everything (so many good ideas on here) and just felt so muddled and have it all on my mind when trying to sleep. So I got a folder and put sections in such as:

1. Things I need to learn about/don't understand
    2. things I need to buy
    3. Organization ideas
    4. Advertising ideas
    5. Portfolio ideas
    6 Activitiy ideas
    7 websites
    etc, etc,
    Also learning to prioritise is important
    I also found everytime I looked into something I didn't know about I would find even more things I didn't know about
    Its a long journey, but theres lots of friendly help on here. Good luck x

3. Likes Bumble Beez, FloraDora liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry! It's normal to worry
    I started minding in Sept 2012 when the EYFS had just changed (typical!)
    I'd felt very confident with the old eyfs as I'd been working alongside it for year and this new one threw me a little I admit!
    I kept referencing Creative Development and the kids LJs were full of crossings out and writing in EAD!
    It soon became normal to me though and of course there's things that throw you from time to time but that's what makes this job interesting and rewarding
    Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine xx
    Kelly xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys :-)

Post Thanks / Like

I sent off my ofsted application last week. I really like the idea of the folder with the different sections. I work 4 days and 3-4 evenings a week and have a 3yo so will be booking some days off work to have me time to get it all sorted.

July 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hun I've been minding for 3 years and have only just got my head round it, it all comes to everyone in the end, good luck x

8. Likes Tulip liked this post
    Aug 201
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been child minding for two years and still doubt myself sometimes. For me, worrying sometimes makes me strive, so that's a good thing, there are always ways to improve practice. This is a really good website for observation lay outs and ideas

Bromley Childminding Association - supporting families and childminders

10. Likes Tulip liked this post