Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Old and New EYFS

Hi everyone

I was just wondering, is there anything in the OLD EYFS that we are still allowed/able to use in the NEW EYFS (ie development cards, as I used to use these alot when writing up obs)?

Thank you!

Hels xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't looked at the old Eyfs since the new one was released in Sept last year.

I have occasionally referred to the Principles into Practice cards - but only to check things for documents I am writing, they are not current any more.

Simona Guest

For me it was one of the best EY frameworks ever written...I still have it and treasure it
    Both the Statutory and guidance were consistently referring to theories and other practices such as Reggio, Montessori and High Scope to name a few

It was truly based on play and play was the main theme alongside the voice of the child, transitions, their rights and uniqueness..not just addressing 'school readiness' as now
    It was written in a child friendly style not the directive method we have now
    As for reforming it and cutting paperwork ...that is a myth...it has not cut the burden actually increased it

It was clear what we needed to do and no individual interpretations or guessing and preparing for an inspection was not the nightmare it is now as no one knows what the inspector will come out with or judge on.

Yes the guidance was very repetitive at times and it needed a few bits cut out ..there were 69 Early Learning Goals...now we have 17 but many have been grouped together while before, in my view, there was more progression in allowing children to learn at their pace while enjoying the short childhood we afford them...

so keep it by your side...maybe one day the Every Child Matters framework can be resurrected and used again

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a hard one, I still refer to it on occasions and on my EYFS What's new course I did I posed the question 'so do we now get rid of all old EYFS paperwork?' And was told NO as its still very relevant and it would be a silly move.
    I'm glad I haven't got rid of it however its not relevant anymore so feel like I'm taking a step back when I do refer to it...suppose I should just archive it away and move on lol!!

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x