Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Wouldn't want 5 or 6 under 5. I have 4 sometimes but my preferred number is 3.

I would spend all day running around or changing nappies which isn't thinking of the individual child or their development.

Note - this is just me and I am not judging anyone else.
    I wouldn't want 5 in nappies that's a sure fact!!!

:@

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    I have three under two and wouldn't want to take on any more. Don't know how people do it. I wouldn't want to go out with 4 as three is hard enough. So it would always mean a day at home which is fine one or two days a week but I like to get out and about alot so wouldn't like it
    I took my 4 to toddlers this morning as I do every Thursday. Come December when I have 5, I will only need to take 2! Will feel very strange!

3. Likes bindy liked this post
    sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm always suprised parents are happy for us to have 4 or 5. Mine were always dubious about me having three. They were all young - 9m and 2x 13 m but I coped fine

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by munch149 View Post
    I'm always suprised parents are happy for us to have 4 or 5. Mine were always dubious about me having three. They were all young - 9m and 2x 13 m but I coped fine
    In all honesty, I was surprised too, but their are many mums out there with 4+ children that they can't hand back every day!

My parent see what I do, through photos, daily diaries, development reports, newsletters and through clear and regular chats (sometimes on the doorstep, sometimes at their houses; if there is a specific issue)

They are happy, I am happy, children are happy, what else is there to prove?

Some parents really want a nanny, but can't afford one, so try and hanker for us to have as fewer children as possible! I've been there and seen it for myself x

6. Likes bindy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emma04 View Post
    I hadn't quite finished!!!!

But everyone's circumstances and abilities are different!
    I NEVER feel bad for taking work from other childminders because that is out of my hands! If a parent chooses me over another minder then that's up to them!
    The rules apply to us all! And providing we stick to the legalities, Some are able to successfully care for many, some would die at the thought of more than three!
    It is totally up to the individual and the parents that choose us!
    I can't help it if I'm popular! (I worked darn hard to get here!!!)

Ps. I have acceptance forms signed by parents and very detailed policy on 5under5 including a comprehensive risk assessment!!
    Hi Emma ,I agree with you , I might be having 5 on two days due to twins been born. Would love some help with the risk assessment if that's not to rude of me & good for you, if I was a nanny I could have 7 kids from the same family no questions asked :-)

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rachel6 View Post

Hi Emma ,I agree with you , I might be having 5 on two days due to twins been born. Would love some help with the risk assessment if that's not to rude of me & good for you, if I was a nanny I could have 7 kids from the same family no questions asked :-)
    Hi PM me your email address and I'll do my best to email it to you today. I'll send you my policy and permission letter too if you want them? X

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by emma04 View Post
    In all honesty, I was surprised too, but their are many mums out there with 4+ children that they can't hand back every day!

My parent see what I do, through photos, daily diaries, development reports, newsletters and through clear and regular chats (sometimes on the doorstep, sometimes at their houses; if there is a specific issue)

They are happy, I am happy, children are happy, what else is there to prove?

Some parents really want a nanny, but can't afford one, so try and hanker for us to have as fewer children as possible! I've been there and seen it for myself x
    emma04 you sound very able and confident to look after 5. Everyone is different, I personal could if had to. Like you say nannies can look after loads! I had 4 under 4 working has a nanny, plus friends who regular got dropped for play dates! Those were the care free days lol!

10. Likes loocyloo liked this post
    Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bindy View Post

emma04 you sound very able and confident to look after 5. Everyone is different, I personal could if had to. Like you say nannies can look after loads! I had 4 under 4 working has a nanny, plus friends who regular got dropped for play dates! Those were the care free days lol!
    Thank you and I feel it! Otherwise I wouldn't do it.

My priority is the children I care for and, of course, my own children. If I ever felt that a child was suffering as a result, changes would be made without hesitation.

Competent child minders know what they are capable of and always strive to maintain high quality care, therefore it is important for us to make our own judgements based on our own capabilities.

I object to others, dictating what is right and what is wrong, unless there is a strong suspicion that a child is at significant risk of poor quality care and/or harm.

If I could invite people to become flies on the wall of my house, "the proof would be in the pudding" as the saying goes!!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've now got a blinding headache after reading all of this....so much confusion! My DO insists that we're only allowed 3 under 5's but I read the guidelines the same as a lot of you...I am an experienced nursery nurse before CMing and am used to supervising a room with up to 14 children in so know I can cope (obviously risk assessment will be done)

From Sept I too will be having 5 under 5's for an hour and a half each Tues due to one mum increasing her hours and another starting college so changing her days.

They're all between 20 months and 30 months and are a lovely little group who get along well-I'm not planning on going anywhere,it will be crowd control with lunch thrown in and wouldn't want to do it all of the time as we love to get out and about.

Emma04....would you mind if i PM'd you to see if i've missed anything?

Dec07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by migimoo View Post
    I've now got a blinding headache after reading all of this....so much confusion! My DO insists that we're only allowed 3 under 5's but I read the guidelines the same as a lot of you...I am an experienced nursery nurse before CMing and am used to supervising a room with up to 14 children in so know I can cope (obviously risk assessment will be done)

From Sept I too will be having 5 under 5's for an hour and a half each Tues due to one mum increasing her hours and another starting college so changing her days.

They're all between 20 months and 30 months and are a lovely little group who get along well-I'm not planning on going anywhere,it will be crowd control with lunch thrown in and wouldn't want to do it all of the time as we love to get out and about.

Emma04....would you mind if i PM'd you to see if i've missed anything?
    No that's fine x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123