Sharing information with/and getting information from other settings.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sharing information with/and getting information from other settings.

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone would mind sharing any forms that you use to share information with other settings.

I have a mum who is taking her child out of full time nursery to come to me for 2 days and 2 days at the nursery.

I really want to work with them (and hoping they will work with me) but not overly sure of what I need to ask from them, how to get information from them so any help would be greately appreciated.

aug 05
    Post Thanks / Like

In that instance I would ask to see the childs learning journey from nursery , obviously need parents permission

then Id develope a starting points assessment and share it with the nursery for them to feedback to me
    (just a table with each dev area listed with your comments in the boxes )

then Id ask them to participate it a daily diary that stays with the child and oes back and forth

now , this is in an ideal world , and in my experience nurseries are reluctant and dont do nearly as much observing and assessing as we do

Ive had nurseries flatly refuse to write in diaries or communicate with me at all about childrens development

you can but try though . good luck

3. Likes LittleVoice liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi I use this sheet for nurseries and pre-school. Feel free to use as well!

It needs to be as simple as possible or the other setting won't do it (may not anyway but you have to try!)

HTH
    Attached Files Attached Files

5. Likes hectors house, LittleVoice, Rachel6 liked this post
    Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both very much for you replies and thank you Rick for sharing your sheet with me. Im on the right kind of lines with what I was thinking of.

In regards to sharing information with nurswry, i've heard a lot about nurseries being reluctant yet I find this bizzare as they need to work with other providers as much as we do yet they seem to 'get away' withot doing so.

The mum of the child I am looking after is lovely, and I have known her anf the family from some years. She is very supportive of me trying to work with the nursery which is good as I will never actully have to visit the nursery myself for pick up or drop offs so heres hoping mum can give the nursery a kick up the bum for me.

7. Likes Rick, phoenix2010 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As mum is so supportive you could ask her to pass on any newsletters or other info she gets from nursery to you.

If you don't get much info from the nursery just write down what mum says her child is enjoying there etc.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

9. Likes Rick, LittleVoice liked this post
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

My mindies nursery is benefitting when ofsted visit them from my sending them info , yet receiving any back has been a problem, so my ofsted visit won't look so good.annoyingly. I have one sheet from them. I have however written on my info if nursery have received a copy so can show them that! I've stopped sending anything recently.

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a struggle isn't it, I have post it notes in lo file saying spoke to key worker today and she has no ongoing concerns (or whatever comment they made) and dated it. sometimes I get a newsletter with term dates, topics for the term etc.. that also goes into lo file. Each time I send in a letter or Ricks form (Ta Rick) I copy it, date it and (yes you've guessed) put in lo file. This has been building up since September, I'm sure Ofsted will only look at the top couple of pages but it is all there if she needs to see it. Parent has signed a permission saying I can view lo LJ at nursery. I have asked and suggested in writing that I can view and maybe contribute to it, but nothing has happened yet!
    Sandy
    xx

May 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is far more info than parents get from a nursery! I wonder if asking specific questions would work better? More work for you but possibly more likely to get a response.