X3 1 year olds.......
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default X3 1 year olds.......

I've currently got two one year olds. My own son is 19 months and mindee 17 months. I've got someone wanting to come round tomorrow with an 18 month old. Not sure if I could do 3 one year olds. I've only got a double buggy and really don't fancy the idea if a triple. Out and about 2 of them can be hard as all off in different directions 3 would obv be harder. The only plus point my current mindee I only have till 3 so I'm able to do after school runs with just one. Anyone have any experience good or bad? TIA xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When I started I had three one year olds , and I loved it ! They all enjoyed the same things , got on well and after a short while they got into a lovely routine, I used a double and a baby sling now I have a triple which I can't live without. A year on I have the same lil people ( one being my son !) three two year olds who are like brother and sisters its great

dec 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww that does sound lovely :-) thanks for your reply. I would love to I'm just thinking practicality wise I guess. I'm not sure my back could take a sling but I've thinking of reins for my son even though I've never liked the thought of them before. I really am going to be out numbered 5 boys and me. Lol!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Go for it ! My son has been surrounded by girls up until recently. The first colour he recognised and could name was pink !!!! Have fun with the boys

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had three 1yr olds for ages. I actually find little ones easier than older ones and would choose them anyday. My hardest time was going back to work after a 4 week mat leave. I had my son who was 4 weeks (obviously!), a 12mth old girl (luckily she turned 1 on the exact day I went to work as my son was 2 weeks early) and a 14mth old girl. I borrowed a triple buggy from my early years team but used a sling at times instead. It was hard but I coped just fine and the best thing is at that age they sleep for a couple of hours through the day which allows a nice lunch break lol!

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I had 3 one year olds and was exhausted with a triple buggy, however I still have them all on differing days in between nursery and is is nice having 3 x 3 year olds now....I know them all so well and they are great friends....

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

i did it one day a week, from last march, 1 x 18 m, 1 x 13 m and 1 x 8m. it was hard. different challenges as they have got older but easier as they are more mobile and independent. not sure I could've done it 5 days per week
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have had 3x 1 year olds since sept they were 9 months, 13 months 13 mths
    now 13mths 18m 18m
    I don't have any school runs, i have gated off our decking area so we play out on the decking safely from lounge now there all walking we play in all the garden area. They all play well together hope to get around more we do go for walks when down to 2
    Can't have a tripple buggy as we have loads of steps to get off our estate or have to walk down a narrow main road (no pavement) so use phil and teds.
    It can be hard work having 3but they play the same activities / toys
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton