Help please - enquiry for holidays 2014???
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help please - enquiry for holidays 2014???

A lady who I know from toddler group has emailed me asking if she can book her DD (4 yrs) in with me mon to thurs half term this October, half term February 2014 and the whole of August 2014.

I have indicated to her that I would most likely be able to help out in the holidays assuming she was referring to this Summer. I'm totally gobsmacked that she's talking about 2014!! My DD starts school this Sept and so I guess we will want to take our holidays in the school holidays. How can i know what I'll be doing and what mindees I will have so far in advance?

Even if I did want to book her in how would I go about charging to hold the space? I don't even know where to start with this. Any advice you can give I'd be so grateful. Thanks.

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you have any for holidays only at the moment and what do you do? I would do the same as you currently do.

I give a booking form for 1 holiday at the start of the previous holiday (so will give easter booking form at feb half term) and do it as first come first served. It has on it days and times available and I state if I am limited age wise (eg only school age or no under 1s) etc. I do sway it slightly and so I give to Mum first who I know needs same each holiday and gives it back to me quickly and then give out to others. I would not book any further in advance than that as like you say you don't know what mindees you will have etc.

3. Likes blue bear, Jexer72, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally would not book so far in advance, so many things can happen for both you & her in the meantime & do you want to decide now when you will be taking holiday in 2014!
    I would probably say that I will let her know a month (or 6 weeks) before if I am available and if she wishes to book in at that time then she may, that I will keep her request in mind if I have other requests.

5. Likes Jexer72 liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your replies. As her daughter is not 5 until Feb 2014 I said I was unable to help her this year as I am fully booked with 3 under 5 in the holidays. I explained I may be able to help in 2014 but it all depends on when I have my holiday and what mindees I have. She seemed to understand and so it has been left for the time being.

I was just so taken aback that mums are thinking so far in advance. I have no idea what I'm doing next week!!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jexer72 View Post
    Thank you for your replies. As her daughter is not 5 until Feb 2014 I said I was unable to help her this year as I am fully booked with 3 under 5 in the holidays. I explained I may be able to help in 2014 but it all depends on when I have my holiday and what mindees I have. She seemed to understand and so it has been left for the time being.

I was just so taken aback that mums are thinking so far in advance. I have no idea what I'm doing next week!!
    I think you could help her in October if her LO is in full time school so she would be a rising 5, someone else hopefully will confirm, but also it depends if you would want another child for the week of course

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caz3007 View Post
    I think you could help her in October if her LO is in full time school so she would be a rising 5, someone else hopefully will confirm, but also it depends if you would want another child for the week of course
    That's correct, If her LO has started school full time by October (which is likely as she is a Feb birthday) then you can increase your number of under 5's by 1 (ie count LO as though she was already 5) so you would be able to have LO along with 3 other under 5's in the Oct half termif you wished!