Thread: so confused!!

Registered Childminder since
    sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default so confused!!

everything has changed! even this forum! lol
    ok.... i didnt realy undestand the EYFS before, and now ive had a break ( and a baby) its changed

im completly confused, completly cluless and cant find any info about what i should be doing.
    ive been minding for 3 years on and off, and have mainly been caring for over 8's so i havent been
    putting much effort into it, but now i might have a new starter soon, she is 1. and im cluless!
    do we still use the cards? or is there a new pack i need to send off for? can anyone recomend a course
    that will teach me EVERYTHING from start to finish? HELP!!!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi

My suggestion would be to have a look at Sarah's ebooks as they are packed full of tips about understanding EYFS and I think she has just brought out a new one incorporating the revised EYFS.

Sam x

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You can download the EYFS statutory framework and EYFS learning & development matters documents (plus other guidance) from the Ofsted website. I think they may also be on the resources section of this website. That would be the natural place to start.

NCMA publish a guidance book called EYFS and You. It's very very basic - so much so that I was rather disappointed with it, but it's probably quite useful if EYFS is completely new to you.

Try your LA and local DO for introductory courses. TBH I suspect most of them were done and dusted pre-September to make sure we were ready for the introduction of new EYFS. But some might still be catching up or putting on additional training days for CMs who couldn't make them earlier. My diploma training centre is unning one next weekend, and I'm sure they can't be the only ones.

Do try to set out with a "can do" attitude, and it will seem a whole lot less daunting. We've all tended to concentrate on the changes, but it's really not that different from the old EYFS - but you do need to get to grips with the chances, however subtle they are.

Good luck.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 2012 | Foundation Years

Go to this website, download the lot and bit by bit read through it, make yourself and action plan with small achievable steps.
    It is all there in those downloads. You can put the old EYFS pack with the cards away as this replaces it (it is not being sent out on paper, but there are places to buy them printed out, or print yourself).

There are great free downloads on this site- a good check list is there somewhere with things to update to meet new requirements.

Bit by bit. You can do it. Good luck!

sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!
    Post Thanks / Like

thankyou so much!!
    and for taking the time to add the link for me, this is a big help. thankyou xxx

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

No problem. EYFS Compliance Checklist this is the check list on the Free Resources section above, it helped me.

apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Thank you so much for this, a BIG help xx

sep 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD!
    Post Thanks / Like

thank you x