Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    july 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default space allowance per child for rising 5's and above only

Allowance has not changed

• Children under two years: 3.5 m2 per child.
    • Two year olds: 2.5 m2 per child.
    • Children aged three to five years: 2.3 m2 per child.

sorry sent too early

my question is - i know that the above are the space allowances needed for each child but it only goes up to 3-5years

I only mind school attending children, (all in year 1 and above)

what would the space requirement be for them???? or above 5years does it not count???
    Last edited by minder to be; 24-09-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: sent it too soon!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Childcare Register does not specify space per child.

However if the care of older children is impacting on the little ones you have to give notice to the older children...

So if you pack too many in and little ones are not having their learning, development and care needs met Ofsted will pick up on it at inspection.

Don't forget if you have more than 6 at any one time you must check with your local planning department that it is allowed.

hth

july 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah,

I dont have any little ones - only school age as i only do before and after school care. so i guess no restrictions for space as long as i obviously stick with total of 6 under 8

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    The Childcare Register does not specify space per child.

However if the care of older children is impacting on the little ones you have to give notice to the older children...

So if you pack too many in and little ones are not having their learning, development and care needs met Ofsted will pick up on it at inspection.

Don't forget if you have more than 6 at any one time you must check with your local planning department that it is allowed.

hth