For those with assistants...
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default For those with assistants...

I am after some confirmation that all is well with what I have worked out. I have an assistant and I can care for 6 children and from the new 'rules ' I understand my assistant can also have 6 children (3 young) if we have enough space and equipment. - I have worked out size of front room and playroom and we have enough space for the 12 of them according to the requirements.

So, is this all that is required? I can now go ahead and fill up those spaces? I'm just a bit unsure, not wanting to do wrong thing. I have Never had so many enquiries!

Does this sound right?

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi sorry don't know the answer but in a similar situation and have come to the same conclusion as you. Also do you need planning permission?

Oct 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Your assistant needs to be registered with ofsted, plus have 1st aid if you wish to leave them alone with children.

Most councils do require you to apply for planning if you have an assistant and care for more than 6 children at any one time, this includes any children in the house!

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

It's best to clarify with Ofsted or your development/support officer.

I work with a co-minder and an assistant but don't need planning permission in my area.

I have been working like this for 10 yrs so did it all on old rules so v sorry not much help

jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Assistant has first aid and is fully registered so all fine there. I'm pretty sure I have worked everything out right. I have already asked ofsted for clarification, it seems they don't comment on individual arrangements anymore but just point you to the relevant paperwork to check things through yourself. Makes sense and obviously saves them A Lot of time but I'd love to get the green light.

I am going to make up a sheet outlining how I have worked out my numbers to show to Ofsted, I guess that's all I can do now.

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i was told by ofsted that with an assistant i could double my numbers

Dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

When ofsted came to me i asked her to increase my numbers as i had an assistant she said 9 under 6 when working with assistant i have 22ft lounge /diner, kitchen and conservatory playroom 10ft x 8ft
    I was happy with 9
    Angela x
    Owner of a static holiday caravan in Paignton

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Newsuz View Post
    Assistant has first aid and is fully registered so all fine there. I'm pretty sure I have worked everything out right. I have already asked ofsted for clarification, it seems they don't comment on individual arrangements anymore but just point you to the relevant paperwork to check things through yourself. Makes sense and obviously saves them A Lot of time but I'd love to get the green light.

I am going to make up a sheet outlining how I have worked out my numbers to show to Ofsted, I guess that's all I can do now.
    You do need to check your local council planning arrangements. We didn't need planning permission, but were restricted to 9 children in the house (this is nothing to do with ofsted, but about running a business from your home). To be honest we have plenty of room and have been working jointly for 5 years, but there is know way we would have more than 9. We have 9, 1 day a week for 1.5 hours and it is hell - the noise is worst thing

Good luck

jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I have emailed the council but not heard back yet.
    Will see, thanks guys x