Help - CACHE Level 3 student - evaluation
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Childcare Student
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help - CACHE Level 3 student - evaluation

Hello, i'm in my last year and about to get my level 3 diploma in childcare.
    I've recently had to do two science activities with children aged 2-4 years old. The first one i did was with toddlers, and we did ice-play, where they play with the ice and the warmth from their hands makes the ice melt, therefore learning the differences between solids and liquids.
    The other activity was gloop play for 3-4 year olds.

I've now been asked to evaluate the activities, but i'm not quite sure how to evaluate and what to mention in my evaluation?

Post Thanks / Like

I think when your asked to evaluate your practise/activities you need to ask yourself:
    - what were the activities? (Explain them)
    - what ages were the children?
    - why did you choose those activities?
    - how did you explain the activities to the children to get them to do what you wanted them to?
    - how did they respond?
    - how did they find the activities? (Were they keen or not)
    - how long did the activities last?
    - how did the children explore them?
    - what did they enjoy the most?
    - what did they not enjoy (if anything)?
    - did they make any comments?
    - what were they?
    - once the activities were finished did they still talk about them? (What did they say)
    - taking all the above Into account for the next time, would you do anything differently, why, what would you keep the same and why.

Basically you just have to reflect on the activities you have do with the children.

Hope that helps.

3. Likes N/A liked this post