Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Variations and the revised EYFS

A reminder guys!

Variations from Sept can only be set up -

- For continuity of care - for existing children, not to earn a bit extra money by taking on a new child

- In exceptional circumstances - when there is no other alternative, not as a matter of course

- With full knowledge of existing parents - not hidden from them in case they say 'no'

- If it is in the best interests of the children involved - not just to get a few extra children in the house because your husband has been laid off and you are struggling to pay the bills

- If you are absolutely sure you can meet every child's care and education needs - not if you intend to stay inside all day because you can't get the children on outings or supervise them all properly in the garden

- If you can prove to an inspector that you have considered all the risks before doing it - and reflected on what might happen to your business if you are caught breaking the rules!!

If you pm me, email me, phone me or send me a FB message asking me about variations I will repeat the points above.

I will not say 'yes' to you having 6 under 5s... I will not say 'yes' to you taking on 2 new children and pretending they are existing business... I will only quote the rules to you.

Here are some documents which might help you to make up your mind

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - The numbers and ages of children that providers on the Early Years and Childcare Registers may care for

Variations

Changes to Conditions of Registration
    Last edited by Pauline; 06-10-2014 at 02:01 PM. Reason: Correcting link that wasn't working