Some help re: EYFS 2012
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Some help re: EYFS 2012

So I am struggling a bit with what I need to be changing regards to the new EYFS... I have already downloaded and printed the DM and gone through the area of learning and set up my paper work ready for 1st Sept/

However do I need to "change" my P&P's? I have looked through Sarahs thread of the required ones which I already have them. When I did my course I was told I have to reference them to the welfare requirements so for example my Behaviour Management Policy has 1.1, 1.3 2.1, 2.3 etc (these were told to my by my course tutor) at the bottom of my policy... Do we still have to do this?

I have read about the other changes and just wondering for things like written RA's and such... Do we still have to have them? Or not?

I am reading so much and I am getting a tad confused... is anyone able to just perhaps bullet point some things that are a MUST, and what things can still be carried for our own best practice

Thank you xxx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

You are such an angel

Thank you. My head hurts lol... I have read through it so many times, but it is just not sticking... which is not like me. Perhaps my brain is now full nad no room for new information...

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I found the easiest way to reference my policies to the requires was to download the requirements, then do a series of keyword searches to find the relevant section/paragraph numbers.

I was also advised by my DW to have an overarching Health & Safety policy. This will say "I aim to keep all users of my setting safe at all times" then have a list of bullet points, referring to: relevant policies X,Y,Z; fire plan; risk assessments; safety checks folder; etc.