Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feeling a little fed up...

...I am trying to get my head around observations, assessments, planning, learning journeys etc
    But knowing that it is changing in September is seriously annoying me lol!
    I am getting all my paperwork sorted and organised but at the back of my mind I am thinking - I've got to change/update all this in a few months time
    Plus as the inspector so kindly pointed out to me at my pre-reg visit that my first inspection will be due a couple of months into the new EYFS which hardly seems fair, I've just got this version sorted to then have to switch and be up to speed with the new one for my inspection when I'm still new to childminding anyway. "Hmph" pretty much sums it up for me tonight.
    Thanks for letting me rant

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You rant all you like, it does you good we all do it from time to time and feel sooooooo much better afterwards

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The changes related to obs etc are mostly in the wording - your practice won't change that much.

Have a look in free downloads at the top of the forum - there are some documents already in there to support you

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

I know it's easy to say but please don't stress, the changes aren't that bad in fact everything seems pretty much the same they have just re-named a few bits.

Have you downloaded and printed off the new bumph, if not (I know it's a lot) I think you should then you can see what I mean.

Also we can print off blanks for observations and for the 2-3yr assessment.

Go to www.early-education.org.uk and look at the EYFS 2012 they will be adding more to the sight as the time gets closer.

Please again don't stress, you can come on here just like me, to find out information and have support... we are all new to this together and are learning off each other

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

you are in safe hands become a forum addict and you will be fine!

I had an insepction just after the EYFS (2008) came out after following Birth to three for my NVQ3 and with the help of everyone on here I got a Good

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

SORRY.... the web site you need is; www.education.gov.uk/publications it's easier to find that way

If you download and print (make sure you've got plenty of ink and paper),
    Development Matters in the EYFS
    Statutory Framework for the EYFS
    A Know How Guide.

I printed mine off and am slowly reading it all

Oct 02
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karensmart4 View Post

Also we can print off blanks for observations and for the 2-3yr assessment

Please again don't stress, you can come on here just like me, to find out information and have support... we are all new to this together and are learning off each other
    AAhhh. Try as I might I just can't seem to find blanks for obs and the 2-3yr assessment. Can anyone point me in the right direction for these?

apr 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    'good'
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrs c View Post
    AAhhh. Try as I might I just can't seem to find blanks for obs and the 2-3yr assessment. Can anyone point me in the right direction for these?
    They will be on there as soon as they are finalised, just go back now and then to check for them

I have a blank for long obs but I'm having trouble changing the format to pdf to allow me to share. There is a general obs sheet in the free downloads on here

Oct 02
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That explains why I have looked through all the bumpf and couldn't find these forms. I was beginning to think I had missed printing off something. Will keep checking - Thank you!