Thread: Norwich

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Norwich

Hi, looking to meet other Childminders in Norwich xx

2. Likes KateA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I am a childminder in Norwich only been registered since December 2013 x

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you finding things? What area are you in?? Xx would be fab to look at someone elses take on learning journey/paperwork polices etc xx nice yo kniw if im doing things right xx lol xc

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I have one little client but found it slow to get any other business I am wondering if its because I do not have my grading yet. Had lot of interest to start but all for one under 1 places so now that is full no further interest at the moment.

Paperwork wise I have written all my policies (got a lot of them from the Bromley site and re worded to suit me) risk assessments, Continuous Provision and now completing my Self Evaluation form.

I have a communication book which goes home daily with mindee and an learning story for them which consists of all my plans, observations and assessments of him. Plus any pictures he makes etc this will go home termly for mum and dad to see.

I cant believe how much paperwork there is to do and keep on top of each week.

How are you finding it?

xx

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes pretty much in the same boat. I have one 17 mo and a couple after school on ad hoc basis.

Paperwork wise I am also sending home a daily diary which after 4 weeks the mum has already stopped signing (sigh) & learning journey that I intend to show parents termly.

I booked a visit from Childminding matters to make sure im doing everything I should be and all seems in place.

I advertised on gumtree and made a little flyer to put up on school noticeboard but I have 2 children of my own (not inc in ratio as 8+ but still take up a seat in the car)plus my as hoc care I wouldn't be able to be very flexible on spaces if a new parent approched me.

Soooo much to constantly think about!! What area are you? Im NR6 x

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Childminding matters are great I have had them round a few times now to help with behaviour of little mindee. Unfortunately going have to give notice to his parents as no improvement three months on. With him being my first as slightly made me nervous about taking any more mindees on.

I have been luck in the fact I knew quite a lot of established childminders before I started and their advise has been really helpful. At moment I am doing couple hours a week keeping on top of paperwork this seems to keep me ticking over.

You are not to far from me I am in NR7 spooky.

xx

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Really..... how funny! I have been doing my paper wk while my mindee sleeps. I went to a playgroup in NR7 last thurs ar st cuthberts church xx

I dont know any childminders but I know a few that used to mind but regs change so frequently so not really got any 1st hand advice.... thats why this forum is brilliant.

:-)

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello...
    I'm returning to childminding very soon and am located in Lowestoft, so not too far from you both!
    Just wanted to say hi

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

10. Likes KateA liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, Bumble Beez.

I gave notice to my only client and he has now gone before notice period even started! Starts tomorrow as he was term time only so remains to been seen if I get the money they owe me. He was a nightmare screamed all day long every day, screamed for an hour if i left room, would scream if I went any where near my own children and if I was not constantly holding him. Wish who ever has now got him all the luck in the world but would not be surprised if he does not last long. Wish I know who had him so I could warn them but also to pass on learning journey.

(I say scream because was not a cry and there was no tears all of it was temper!)

xx

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

From my experience, there is always someone needing a childminder...

And I think you did the right think giving notice to LO...you will find that a lot of parents aren't bothered by LJ's etc so don't worry too much about not passing it on. Maybe you could just pop it in to the parents so they have it?

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x