Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As it appear this code should not have been shared and was only for returning customers I have removed it.

I won't lock the thread so that you can discuss the problems you are having but please DO NOT repeat the code, thank you.
    Pauline x

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catminder View Post
    Does anyone know if they could 'help themselves' to the money from our accounts since they have our card details? I'm just wondering if they might do this.
    I can't understand how the code went through if we weren't entitled to it. It just seems a bit strange to me.
    No they can't do that, you haven't authorised the higher payment! I asked that question on the phone and she said to me they would require me to pay the additional payment. Though the t&c state that the contract is legally binding once you receive the goods?
    Francine X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by catminder View Post
    Does anyone know if they could 'help themselves' to the money from our accounts since they have our card details? I'm just wondering if they might do this.
    I can't understand how the code went through if we weren't entitled to it. It just seems a bit strange to me.
    Not sure about the taking money, but agree that they shouldn't have let us use the code! I obviously had to register as a new customer so they knew I wasn't a returning one!!!

Have put stuff back in box, though I did open one of the items so hoping they will still accept return of it, didn't use any but opened them to look at (paper leaves) and they were cut out of sheets and all fell out when I took them out of pack so I have put them in a takeaway tub!! I didn't realise I would be sending it back so can't see they can moan about it

Guessing someone there will be looking more closely at their system!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAROLYN View Post
    Not sure about the taking money, but agree that they shouldn't have let us use the code! I obviously had to register as a new customer so they knew I wasn't a returning one!!!

Have put stuff back in box, though I did open one of the items so hoping they will still accept return of it, didn't use any but opened them to look at (paper leaves) and they were cut out of sheets and all fell out when I took them out of pack so I have put them in a takeaway tub!! I didn't realise I would be sending it back so can't see they can moan about it

I don't think you should have to send it back. I don't think there's much they can do once you've received your order

time_4_change Guest

I received my order y'day, haven't had a call yet. I have opened one item. I don't see how they can make you pay for something when they have approved orders and delivery. and I am sure they can not just start taking money out of bank accounts. It is their mistake!

Also don't they think that those of us who have received our orders might order again in the future? it was fast delivery, good products, I know I would order again and pay full price.

x

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I too have had the call. Lady is calling back Monday morning.

I have spoken to my credit card company who have said that no more monies can be taken off the card. Really happy with the goods and dont want to send back - does anyone know legally where we stand and if we have to pay full price or send the goods back. It was there mistake letting us use the code?

Post Thanks / Like

I think they should honour first order off everyone they can show off their delivery times show what good service they offer chick a catalogue in with everyone's order I'd order again I'd never heard of them till this post I need a new supplier had a nightmare with TTS the other month vowed never to use them again. They could use this to their advantage lots of good advertising I'd certainly recommend them if they play fair we used the voucher in good faith, well at least the people that ordered once did.

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mr man View Post
    just had a call to say i need to pay full price.

ive told them that i will ring them on monday morning to discus it further.

i am happy with the things i got, but dont agree that if it was only for people with the actual voucher , then surley the order can only be with people who are already registered?

it may possibly be for people who placed 2 orders. does anyone know this?
    It doesnt say any where on the site that you needed a voucher and if you did why did they send out the goods? Go to terms and conditions and read 8.1. (we hade a email confirming the price)

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

read the terms and condtions 8.1 (we had an email)

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

From their website:
    3. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US

3.1 After placing an order we will acknowledge that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order is an offer by you to enter into a binding contract, which we are free to accept or decline at our absolute discretion.
    3.2 These terms and conditions shall become binding on you and us when we deliver the Goods to you, at which point a contract shall come into existence between us for the Goods that we have delivered (a “Contract”).

So they are free to accept or decline our orders at their discretion, however once they have delivered the goods then they have entered into a contract with us for the price that we have paid, so therefore it would make it extremly difficult for them to legally be able to make us pay the difference.

However there is a chance that they could claim that we fraudulently used the voucher code, as it was not used in the manner it should have been. I suppose we are best waiting for a letter from the company detailing exactly under what law they deem that we should pay them the money or send the goods back.
    Last edited by AgentTink; 08-10-2011 at 01:08 PM. Reason: further info

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see how from a legal point of view, they can demand either payment or return of goods. They shouldn't have sent the items if we were not meant to have them! They should have contacted customers before sending the items to give us the choice to either pay full price or cancel our order. Or should have just not allowed the code to be used by new customers in the first place- other websites have the ability to disallow voucher codes at the checkout.

I would have placed orders in the future, but not now.

Haven't had a phone call yet- maybe I just won't answer, lol!

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The general consensus on other websites - Money Saving Expert and HotUKDeal is that once they have agreed to the price by sending out the goods to you the transaction is complete and they are just trying their luck by phoning and trying to frighten people into sending things back that are legally the purchasers. I would just keep what they have sent to be honest. They have had ample opportunity to cancel the transactions.

Post Thanks / Like

They are apparently going to arrange for things to be collected! I am certainly not going to take them to the post office and send them back!!! For one thing it would cost me a fortune in postage I had lots of craft paper and its very heavy!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They are apparently going to arrange for things to be collected! I am certainly not going to take them to the post office and send them back!!! For one thing it would cost me a fortune in postage I had lots of craft paper and its very heavy!!!
    Surely that'll end up costing them a fortune, along with all the man hours put into phoning everyone up, dealing with the returns, processing the refunds etc.

Jan 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Oooh don't know how they'll contact me as i never put my phone number. Hopefully they'll not as dd loves the crazy creatures :s

Aug 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

They cannot demand the things back. There own terms and conditions state it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Surely that'll end up costing them a fortune, along with all the man hours put into phoning everyone up, dealing with the returns, processing the refunds etc.
    Thats what I am hoping and that they won't bother but that is what the lady on the phone told me! I could either pay in full for they would arrange for it to be picked up!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't had the call yet, but I guess I will at some point. I'm sure someone said they were going to phone trading standards on Monday, so I'll wait & see what is said.
    If I have to send my stuff back, they'll have to have it with some shapes cut out of a piece of felt as we've already used it!

sep-09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ill wait and see what trading standards say so if you can keep us all posted please

Rather stressful situation, Im leaving boxes packed and see what happens

sept 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chez View Post
    Ill wait and see what trading standards say so if you can keep us all posted please

Rather stressful situation, Im leaving boxes packed and see what happens
    Also you can ring consumer direct.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast