Childminder Privilges
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminder Privilges

Hi,
    I wondered if you could help, I'm just newly registered. Is there any places that you get discounts from or any privileges for being a childminder. I wondered if you can get extra books from the library etc. I live in Scotland don't know if that makes a difference lol.
    Thanks for your help
    Wendz

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I believe Early Learning Centre does a discount. Lots of soft plays and adventure parks do discounts to entice cm's to visit more often.

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, just take your certificate along to the ELC and they will sign you up for a discount card (I think we get 10% discount). You can get more books from the library - speak to your librarian.

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The ELC discount card can be obtained an any branch. Take along your registration certificate or pacey membership card. ELC require you to renew the discount card annually.

Libraries offer different things, depending on the individual LA. Some have no scheme at all for CMs, other let you borrow more books. Mine has an extended loan period. It was a 12 month loan, but they recently brought this down to 3 months, which is still very good. They were losing far too much stock to CMs, each with a year to mislay a dozen books, not to mention a few who gave up CMing and never returned what they'd borrowed.

IIRC, pacey used to have some member deals with major high street companies. These involved buying vouchers at a %discount through pacey to spend in the shops. I never used any, as they all appeared to be a bit towards the "girlie" end of retailing. They do still negotiate discounts from a range of suppliers of toys, art/craft, educational materials, etc. - but these often start on the expensive side, so I tend to shop around rather than rely on a small discount off an exorbitant retail price. They also arranged group discount prices at a couple of attractions/zoos.

Remember, you can get the EU to pay part of your milk bill too, via NMRU.

Post Thanks / Like

Great, I didn't know about any of that. Thank you so much that's very helpful 😊

6. Likes Rick liked this post