Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Disappointed

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disappointed

Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.
    I though that in the childcare website I could send a message to a parent without being a paid member as long as they had messaged me.
    I've just tried to re message a parent via their original message to me but it can't be sent as I've already replied to their original message?!
    Annoyed!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little miss View Post
    Sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place.
    I though that in the childcare website I could send a message to a parent without being a paid member as long as they had messaged me.
    I've just tried to re message a parent via their original message to me but it can't be sent as I've already replied to their original message?!
    Annoyed!
    I'm afraid you can only reply to one parent message once. They would need to contact you again to allow you to message again.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I discovered this the other day. A parent messaged me, I messaged back thanking them & saying I'd send more info that evening, then found I couldn't message them again!! Very frustrating!

Post Thanks / Like

Free members can reply to each message they receive from a gold member once. If you have already made a free reply and the other member hasn't made a further reply then you can't make a second free reply unless you are a gold member.
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

Mar 13
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for making this clear on this thread, and happy to be corrected but I was bit aware of this and cannot find this information anywhere else? If I had bee aware of this, like another poster here, I would have given more information to parent in my original reply. My mistake, but still feeling somewhat cheated

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh no how annoying that you cannot make further contact without paying membership

I wasn't aware of this either but thank you for sharing as I will make sure all contact information is put in the reply post

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I guess this is realistically the limitations of not being a gold member.
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

8. Likes Rick, bunyip liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've not yet got any business from the website, but am only recently a gold member and am very impressed with it. I'm sure it's just a matter of time.

It is very well monitored and profile updates get processed very quickly, so I never have to worry about disappearing from the list for long if I feel like the occasional bit of tinkering with my entry.

My only gripe is the large number of parents who lack the courtesy to reply to, or even read, many messages. But that isn't the website's fault.

I can only thank and praise Richard for his diligence and kindness.

Post Thanks / Like

I've send over 30 messages to potential parents and I've not had one message back...not even one to say that's but no thanks :-((
    Sad and disappointed :-((

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got all my clients from it when I set up. So it was well worth doing for me. Wish it set you up for just one year though so you didn't have to remember to cancel.