NMS..Amend all or only some?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    aly Guest

Default NMS..Amend all or only some?

still not got my head around these and with my {supposedly} inspection soon thinks I better get my butt in gear.!!

Anyway Do I need to change all or some of my policies?

help

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

The briefing paper here gives an idea of which standards have been updated and you can then work out which policies need changing

aly Guest

thanks will look at that...tried looking at the Standards Here but I keep getting a blank page.

I just phoned my inspector now and she just dropped a bombshell on me....the rising 5's is no longer ..that means when my daughter and mindee go up in sept they will still class in my under 5's ...how can they do that..

argh, i need a fairy godmother to come and sort it all out and show me EVERYTHING.!!!

aly Guest

looking at the wales website and it states in NMS 1.2 :-

The Statement of Purpose and additional information includes:

Numbers, ages and sex of children for whom care is to be provided

Does that read to you {like it does to me} that we have to state that I will care for boys and girls?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    looking at the wales website and it states in NMS 1.2 :-

The Statement of Purpose and additional information includes:

Numbers, ages and sex of children for whom care is to be provided

Does that read to you {like it does to me} that we have to state that I will care for boys and girls?
    I was told that I needed to but that phrase in when I registered with CSSIW in 2008. Seemed obvious to me that I would care for whoever comes along but was told had to say "I offer care to girls and boys."

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tulip0803 View Post
    I was told that I needed to but that phrase in when I registered with CSSIW in 2008. Seemed obvious to me that I would care for whoever comes along but was told had to say "I offer care to girls and boys."
    right ok, it seems a bit clearer now ive slept {only a bi though lol}

thanks x

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    thanks will look at that...tried looking at the Standards Here but I keep getting a blank page.

I just phoned my inspector now and she just dropped a bombshell on me....the rising 5's is no longer ..that means when my daughter and mindee go up in sept they will still class in my under 5's ...how can they do that..

argh, i need a fairy godmother to come and sort it all out and show me EVERYTHING.!!!
    I have put another thread about rising 5's. I got the information from a chief inspector who was on the working committee for the new standards. Apparently the rising 5 clause was on the draft document but never got printed on the final documment. There are several of these mistakes which will be rectified as soon as possible.

I checked this one out because if the rising 5's cluase had been removed then I would be working illegaly now

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

The link seems to work for me.

There are some changes you need to make but not masses. If you don't get them done it will just be like when the new Statutory Instrument was introduced regarding complaints procedures. If you haven't done it by the time you are inspected they will tell you what you need to do.