Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Still waiting!!

Registered Childminder since
    apri 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Still waiting!!

Well, I've sent all my paperwork back begining of April and I'm still waiting for my inspection. Its just a bit annoying, I dont like to leave the house for too long when we go for walks etc. Anyone else feel the same that 3 months is too long?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Since the new NMS CSSIW have now removed any mention of 3 months so it could be any time even later than 3 months. Although the 2 in my group returned their forms for end of May and were both inspected on Tuesday.

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer. I have got mine in the summer so I have the joy of the new 53 page SAF & Quality of care to look forward to

apri 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply. I was the first in my group to have the new SEF, it was quite a shock when I recieved it in middle of March! I managed to fill it in and email it. I was told it was still the three month window format they follow.
    It just bothers me that my inspector works from an office over 5o miles away due to the fact I work through the medium of Welsh and there are no Welsh inspctors in my local office.
    O well, just hope it will be in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Our local office 12 miles away went through a stage of moving every one around. My friend down the road got moved from Carmarthen to Aberwystwyth to Pembroke just as she was inspected and back to Carmarthen in a year . But you never knew until you rang them! She got a call the day before her inspection as her inspector said she was not coming up unless she was in because it was too far!

All our inspectors seem to be bilingual here.

apri 92
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it does seem silly all this juggling staff around. Especially with fuel prices etc.
    Hope she comes in the next few weeks though!

Post Thanks / Like

Three months is a long time - I think I'd ring and see if they've forgotten about you!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by miffy View Post
    Three months is a long time - I think I'd ring and see if they've forgotten about you!

Miffy xx
    Unfortunately with CSSIW inspections they do say anytime within 3 months - although our group was told this has been removed and it could be anytime after SAF & Quality of Care forms are submitted in reality though I don't think they would leave it 6 months as the info on the forms we return could be too different! I think Manjay got forgotton once though

apri 92
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree they cant leave it too long as the numbers can change etc. I suppose it all boils down to the amount of workload each inspector has at that time. Also with the change in standards they have to be up with all the new information.

Well lets hope I'll be reporting back to you soon with good news.