Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-reg inspection

I'm in Newport and I had to take all of my policies, procedures and forms to the CSSIW office in Pontypool, they checked my ID & qualification docs and did my CRB during the visit. I've now had a letter stating what needs amending in my policies which I have to do before the pre-reg inspection. Most are straight forward but one is:

Complaints (Regulation 14)
    Add timescales and formal consideration to the complaint policy. (Refer to the amended regulations 2006 on the CSSIW website).

This has got me really confused!! She attached the amendments to the regulations to an email but I'm still not sure! How have you worded this in your complaints policy?!

My timescales were...
    Parents should immediately bring to my attention any aspect of my service they are not happy with.
    I will notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days of the receipt of the complaint.
    If I do receive a formal written complaint, I will inform CSSIW within 48 hours by phone and follow up in writing within 14 days.
    I will keep a written record of all complaints and their outcome for at least three years.

Local resolution and formal consideration clearly have different timescales but how do I word the whole thing!!??

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alihatherall View Post
    I'm in Newport and I had to take all of my policies, procedures and forms to the CSSIW office in Pontypool, they checked my ID & qualification docs and did my CRB during the visit. I've now had a letter stating what needs amending in my policies which I have to do before the pre-reg inspection. Most are straight forward but one is:

Complaints (Regulation 14)
    Add timescales and formal consideration to the complaint policy. (Refer to the amended regulations 2006 on the CSSIW website).

This has got me really confused!! She attached the amendments to the regulations to an email but I'm still not sure! How have you worded this in your complaints policy?!

My timescales were...
    Parents should immediately bring to my attention any aspect of my service they are not happy with.
    I will notify the complainant of the outcome within 28 days of the receipt of the complaint.
    If I do receive a formal written complaint, I will inform CSSIW within 48 hours by phone and follow up in writing within 14 days.
    I will keep a written record of all complaints and their outcome for at least three years.

Local resolution and formal consideration clearly have different timescales but how do I word the whole thing!!??
    pm me your email address if you would like to see how I have worded it but basically it is the 28 days that needs changing
    Last edited by manjay; 23-02-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I have put in what I have written for the time sacles. Basical as I understand it there are 2 timescales she is taking about informal which is 14days plus an extra 14 days if no resolution has be made and If a formal complaint then needs to be resolved in 35 days.

The wording below from my policy is based on the CSSIW Complaint procedure and guidence.

"All complaints dealt locally will be resolved as soon as reasonably practical and in any event within 14 days. The time limit may be extended for up to 14 days with the agreement of the complaint.

All complaints dealt with by way of formal consideration will be resolved as soon as practicable and in any event within 35 days of the request for formal consideration."

Hope that helps

Melanie

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you

Thanks for your replies, that's one down!!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

No probs. Ask away if you have any questions about the others

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12