Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    june 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SEF and quality of care report

Hi Everyone,

I am filling out my SEF as my inspection is due soon and have got to the bit where is asks you when you last reviewed your service and what findings you had etc... etc.... this is all to do with the quality of care report.

I have only been working 4 months (but registered a while before that), so have not done any review so I presume I have to review it now do I and then write it up in my SEF ? Sorry if that sounds daft. Not sure if the 2 things are meant to be seperate or if they want you to do the review then fill out the SEF. Getting a bit confused as am trying to update everything at the mo aaarrrggghhhhh, thanks !

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SEF and quality of care report

CSSIW don't usually expect you to have done a QOC report for your first inspection. When my inspector sent out my SAF she just asked that I sent some parent/ child questionairres out and she would go through what I needed to do when she saw me. The requirement then is to complete one annually. If I were you (as you only have a certain amount of time to return your SAF) I would send some parent questionnaires out and just put on your SAF that you have sent these and will then produce a report. That should be fine.

june 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks that makes sense !

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Mel I have moved your post to the CSSIW section of the forum.

As you are in Wales, you are very lucky that you can ignore all references to Ofsted and Ofsted requirements.

Also your self evaluation form is not a SEF it is a SAF - a self assessment form

I am sure Manjay has pointed you in the right direction but you know where we are if you have any other questions