Numbers help!  SIBLINGS
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Numbers help! SIBLINGS

Been talking to my childminder today and shes unsure if she can have both of mine, as she can only have 3 under 5, (she has 2 already) but it says with the exception of siblings. Does this mean she can have them? Or another exception.(i.e twins) .. If you know what i mean 🙈 shes rang cssiw and pacey for advice but no one has rang her back. I need to know asap.

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Would you be a new client for the childminder or an existing one?

Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    Would you be a new client for the childminder or an existing one?
    I will be a new one.

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am in Wales. Occasionally CSSIW will allow us to care for more than 3 under 5s if a parent that is already using our service has a baby or needs to change days (for continuity of care reasons). However they will only grant it for new business in extremely exceptional circumstances. If you are new to her services and will take her over her numbers it is very unlikely she will be able to take your children on. I have had to pass a parent who started with me and then suddenly needed 3 extra days to another childminder as they had been with me only 2 weeks.

The baby sibling is the exception with siblings BUT the older child must have been attending the setting for some time, i.e. we cannot start one sibling knowing that the parent has a baby that they will want us to have which will take us over our numbers as CSSIW want to know start dates for variations.

Even with continuity of care they can refuse permission. She will also have to get agreement from the other parents and cannot go over 6 under 8s under any circumstances.

Good luck
    Last edited by tulip0803; 21-11-2015 at 08:06 PM.