Registered Childminder since
    sep2001
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CSSIW
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Procedure for giving up

Hi I made the hard decision to give up childminding and last week gave all my lovely families notice (which was really hard as for the first time in years I have fantastic families and I feel awful for doing this to them )

I have shut down my website, taken my listing off yell.com and informed fis to not send my information out to any enquiries.
    I spoke to the insurance company the other week so I know what to do with them.

Oh and I know I will have to inform the environmental health team to remove my setting as a food business(which I can not wait to do)

I know I have to inform the CSSIW, which I will do when I know my last date- my notice period is 2 weeks but I have given the families 5 weeks to try and give them a little bit more time to find care but I have also told them if they need to leave before then that its fine with me and they will get their deposits back as it’s me that leaving. So at the moment I am taking each week as it comes.

Do I ring the CSSIW on my last day or do I write to them and return my certificate of registration back with the letter?

Thanks all

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that you are giving up, sorry I don't know the procedure for Wales, but here in England we generally recommend to people that they keep their registration in place and just tell Ofsted that they are taking a break as it's easier than having to start again if you decide to set up again. I think you should phone to CSSIW and ask them the question and also what records you need to keep and for how long eg: registers, accidents books

Hope everything works out for you

3. Likes tialil liked this post
    sep2001
    Latest Inspection Grade
    CSSIW
    Non childminder member
    Childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are giving up, sorry I don't know the procedure for Wales, but here in England we generally recommend to people that they keep their registration in place and just tell Ofsted that they are taking a break as it's easier than having to start again if you decide to set up again. I think you should phone to CSSIW and ask them the question and also what records you need to keep and for how long eg: registers, accidents books

Hope everything works out for you
    Thanks

I will be finishing for good as I need a complete break from childminding and do not want the stress and worry that goes with it anymore. Im so going to miss the kiddies but I need to think of me for a change.

I will give the CSSIW a call as soon as I know my final day xxx

5. Likes hectors house liked this post