Had my inspection
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Had my inspection

Unannounced as we were leaving the house, we obviously stayed instead.

Child decided to get out his biscuits and crisps supplied from home and she suggested a healthy eating course u told her he does bring that but also heathy food which was in the fridge :-( I don't supply food!

Asked what my score on the door was and I said I haven't had a visit although I filled in paperwork last year, and they haven't had contact since. Is this normal?
    My 13 month old slapped my face and played up so bad :-(
    Paper work was up to date and she was happy with that but feel this is the worst inspection in 6 years.
    How long before inspection report?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have gone out. I would not change my normal routine just like that.

They are supposed to ring and establish your routine and give a time scale of days when they may come, this was confirmed at the Big Ofsted Conversation in London by Ofsted. Since February the only unannounced inspections are if there are very serious child protection complaints.

Oh and with regard to the Food Inspection. We were all told we now had ro Register about 6 years ago. At that time they visited about 5 out of 30 of us and that has been it. I have never been visited and so don't have a 'Star Rating'.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 23-05-2014 at 06:55 AM.

3. Likes lilac_dragon, Klkcameron liked this post
    mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

It is CSSIW sorry didn't mention that. I did have some idea as had email saying they wanted to know which days I work ect this was 8 weeks ago.
    The inspector didn't ask me to stay in but thought it would be better to get it over with iykwim.

5. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There was some debate about childminders having to display their "score on the door" but it was dropped in November. All food businesses in Wales have to by law display their score but we are exempt, some authorities inspect childminders others just make a note that we are registered. They only asked if my Food hygiene was up to date when they called on me in Jan. Did you have a baseline or a focussed inspection?

My report came the next week but my friend who was also inspected in Jan took 4 weeks.

Sorry that it went badly. Your LO was probably playing up because they expected to go out and then they had to stay in

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Tulip. It was focused inspection, spend most of the time looking through paperwork..
    Does that mean the report will be different?
    The inspections I've had previously were looking at contracts, register, accident book and around the house for safety the rest was talking/ playing with children. .

Was praised on changing the Phone number of CSSIW quickly.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the 'scores on the doors' came in it has always been voluntary for childminders. Not voluntary to be inspected but voluntary to get a score. As Tulip said the law changed in November and now we are exempt from the scheme. This doesn't mean we don't have to comply with the regulations just that we don't get a score. Each LA works slightly differently but I would say it is highly unlikely that you would receive a food inspection if you don't provide any food. Really disappointing to hear that they had no idea of the change in legislation.

I am sure it wasn't as bad as you thought it was xx

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a food inspection and ALL the childminders around here did. I got a 5 star although they did say they were doing away with star ratings for childminders. You do not have to have it on you door.
    I don't think you should of had an unexpected ofsted inspection unless cause for concern I wasn't aware they done them.Children always seem to play up when we have visitors so I would of hoped she'd take that on board.Poor you, I hate the inspections.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    I had a food inspection and ALL the childminders around here did. I got a 5 star although they did say they were doing away with star ratings for childminders. You do not have to have it on you door.
    I don't think you should of had an unexpected ofsted inspection unless cause for concern I wasn't aware they done them.Children always seem to play up when we have visitors so I would of hoped she'd take that on board.Poor you, I hate the inspections.
    Chels is in Wales - we all have unexpected inspections!
    Last edited by tulip0803; 23-05-2014 at 01:06 PM.

11. Likes Klkcameron liked this post
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chels55 View Post
    Thanks Tulip. It was focused inspection, spend most of the time looking through paperwork..
    Does that mean the report will be different?
    The inspections I've had previously were looking at contracts, register, accident book and around the house for safety the rest was talking/ playing with children. .

Was praised on changing the Phone number of CSSIW quickly.
    A focussed inspection looks at quality of life - an A4 page written about that and then just a few comments on the other areas. Your next inspection will be a baseline and will look in detail at everything (same as me)

mar 08
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. I get so nervous when she's here I think my lo picked up on my stress, not normally like that at all. There was so much I wanted to show her and say but with lo playing up I totally forgot.
    Wish I could of planned the visit as we were just about to leave the activities were put away, the children did tell her what they had been doing but not the same as her seeing it herself.
    Usually after inspection it feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.