Help needed with Self Assessment form
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Help needed with Self Assessment form

Can someone please help my mind has gone totally blank. I've completed the rest of the pack but have missed out one box and just haven't got a clue what to write. I work by myself and have no staff.

4. Emotional and Technical support from staff
    . People receive care from relaxed staff ale to cope with more complex demands without becoming stressed or resentful
    . People with complex needs receive skillful care
    . People have good interactions with staff and feel enhanced well-being as a result.

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I haven't filled in this version of the form, so am not sure what's covered in other sections.

You could take 'staff' in a very general context as other people you come into contact with regarding a particular child or your childminding generally. Therefore include interactions with parents, other childminders (childminding forum), children's centers, playgroup leaders, teachers, NCMA...
    Hope that gives you some ideas

I guess I really should complete the self assessment form myself - another job to add to the TO DO list

June 12
    Non childminder member
    I AM a childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm filling mine in at the moment too

The advice I have for that question is how you ensure that you can meet the needs of the children i.e. gathering info about them before they start and making sure that you can adapt to their changing needs - say how you do this, observation, obtaining resources etc.
    Also, how do you interact with parents, listening to any concerns they have, working in partnership with them.

I take it that as you are working by yourself, you are the staff.

Hope this helps

4. Likes cymraes liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are your staff - so talk about how you support them

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Hi, I haven't filled in this version of the form, so am not sure what's covered in other sections.
    Taz, the member is Welsh so the questions are very different from ours in England.

Your answer was good though!

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Can someone please help my mind has gone totally blank. I've completed the rest of the pack but have missed out one box and just haven't got a clue what to write. I work by myself and have no staff.

4. Emotional and Technical support from staff
    . People receive care from relaxed staff ale to cope with more complex demands without becoming stressed or resentful
    . People with complex needs receive skillful care
    . People have good interactions with staff and feel enhanced well-being as a result.

Each time it mentions 'people' replace with 'children' and then explain how you meet each point and how you measure the outcomes

Mar 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Taz, the member is Welsh so the questions are very different from ours in England.

Your answer was good though!
    Thank you for pointing this out to me otherwise I would have been confused when I finally got round to doing mine - still on the to do list!