Healthy and Sustainable Pre-School Scheme
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Network isnt being phased out. Basically NCMA pulled out of managing the networks in wales as the networks are smaller and less cost effective than those in England. The LA then put the contract out to tender ,to places like Banardos etc, but the amount they were offering was so low they had no one go for it. They decided to bring it 'in house' so now being run by the council. Training responsiblity moved to Early years and they interviewed for new coordinator a couple of weeks ago. Until they start the FIS is giving the network childminders details to social services etc. Seems a better way of doing it in my view as I didnt find NCMA that good.

I went to the coffee morning the other week and really enjoyed it. It was a nice way to meet other childminders and find out what is happening and training coming up. So altogether I am thinking that the changes have been for the best - but early days yet.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure that I intended this to become a network bashing thread

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    Not sure that I intended this to become a network bashing thread
    Oops sorry that was my fault.

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    Oops sorry that was my fault.
    No probs! We can agree to disagree on our views of networks

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    No probs! We can agree to disagree on our views of networks

i think tbf if it was anoyone else the network would be fine it was jsut this one woman so maybe im biased that way...

Anyways, im still waiting for the ey to get back to me on this and lookign for my reward lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post

i think tbf if it was anoyone else the network would be fine it was jsut this one woman so maybe im biased that way...

Anyways, im still waiting for the ey to get back to me on this and lookign for my reward lol
    Sorry also. I am actually part of the network and really engoy it however understand that the coordinator and DO were sometimes difficult to get along with. Had some differences of opinion the the DO.

Back to original discussion Found out yesterday that the reason for delay in expanding Healthy snacks and Healthy early years is that the person arranging it has just started maternity leave and they havent appointed a replacement yet but will be rolling it out when they do. Just wondering now how much work load this will be if I do it?

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by littlequackers View Post
    Sorry also. I am actually part of the network and really engoy it however understand that the coordinator and DO were sometimes difficult to get along with. Had some differences of opinion the the DO.

Back to original discussion Found out yesterday that the reason for delay in expanding Healthy snacks and Healthy early years is that the person arranging it has just started maternity leave and they havent appointed a replacement yet but will be rolling it out when they do. Just wondering now how much work load this will be if I do it?
    there is 2 parts to the healthy snack, the snack itself and another part {sorry I cant remember at this time} that will be a 3 year stint......the way it was explained it was very intense...I think we will be doing the healthy snack anyway but thinking more about the other thing as it will be a lot of work...maybe when we havent got other things going on too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12