Activities for a 12 year old - Help!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Activities for a 12 year old - Help!

I am having a quiet start to the new year and had planned to have a couple of free days catching up on paperwork. A parent has asked me to have her 12 year old son for a couple of days as he is in a private school and they haven't gone back yet.

He is a lovely boy and I don't mind having him, but usually its during the holidays when I have other children including my own of a similar age, but he will be on his own with me during the school day - what do I do with him??? He would be happy enough playing on the Wii or on his PSP, I have lots of lego, magnetix, board games, but with only me - not so much fun.

Any other ideas?

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

What about going out for a walk in a wildlife park/forest with a pair of binoculars..My brothers and I loved doing this and maybe den building while you are there. Could take a compass and do map reading, boys love that stuff! All the scout kind of activities.

If weather is miserable the playbarn always seems a good option but depends on how grown up the 12 year old is!

I'd allow them on the Wii if they are alone if it keeps him entertained and maybe make your tea e.g. baking your own pizzas and decorating them.

It all obviously depends on the child as some will be happy baking, playing indoors and others would be happy with a football or out on a bike ride!

Hope this helps. x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tbh I'd let him chill and do whatever he would normally do at home

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your responses.

I have decided one day we will do the chill option, we will do some walking, games and maybe a christmas DVD. On the advice of a friend with a similar age boy I am taking him into Cambridge, which is a bit of a distance away, but with lots of good museums, she said her boy loves them, and of course are free.